• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

soto_nw

Reaction score
how does slim compare with suit supply havana?

Haven't tried S&M's pants yet, so can't say. But given that so many brands are already pretty tailored, or tapered, I tend not to go slim because I find it is always too tight (unless I hear from multiple sources that the brand runs big).

In my experience with S&M's jackets, their contemporary jacket fits me very similarly to my Suit Supply havana jackets.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha so true. I have a pair of cream cotton from last year with some dirty splotches on them
I know you know that's a hazard to be embraced. I'm resolved to wear white jeans* all winter in the cozy brown snow.

*With various SM winter-weight jackets.

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does the cream color compare to last year undyed white, which I have? Pretty close ? or worth having both?

here’s a side by side. I’d say the cream has a bit more warm tones in real life.

83145984-8F67-41BB-B589-7B65F61BAE86.jpeg

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations from the current MTO offerings for a FW navy wool sportcoat? I live in Houston right now and want something w a softer hand, and the warmth and loft of flannel. What are yall eyeing? Don't want something too dark but close to navy, and solid (a tonal herringbone or Donegal is acceptable and perhaps ideal).

These are on my shortlist - any opinions?

HMS NAVY HERRINGBONE
HMS-101019-MTO-J
Fabric 100% Merino WooL Super 120's Wool
Texture Plain
Weight 280 gr./ 9 oz.
$550

HMS BLUE HERRINGBONE
Fabric SKU HMS-101021-MTO-J
Fabric 100% Merino WooL Super 120's Wool
Texture Plain
Weight 280 gr./ 9 oz.

Blue Windowpane 340 gsm
$448 USD
Fabric SKU 5372/5-MTO-J (okay, not a solid, but this looks good too)

MOON NAVY TWILL TWEED $500 PS370 2000-48-MTO-J

Abraham Moon - Denim Blue Plain Weave Tweed $548 USD
Fabric SKU NS360 2003-31-MTO-J
Fabric 100% Wool
Texture Plain Weight 360 gms

Abraham Moon - Navy Twill Tweed $548 USD
Fabric SKU PL375 2010-13-MTO-J
Fabric 100% Wool
Texture Twill weight 360 gm

Some of the navy Moon fabrics look nearly black online, which is why I overlooked them.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Some of the navy Moon fabrics look nearly black online, which is why I overlooked them.

On the topic of choosing MTO fabrics, they should really consider offering fabric samples. It's nearly impossible to navigate the selection online and get a good idea of what they actually look like. Some of them have pics of finished jackets, but I've noticed the same pics used for several different fabrics so that can't be trusted either. Being so unsure about fabrics is the main reason why I've held off on several orders.

HotDoc

Reaction score
Looks like you have really nailed your fit! Good on you.

If one were to nitpick at all, I would say, left sleeve on both jackets could come up 1-1.5 cm, and (just judging by the pics posted) the DB could stand a slight take in in the waist and skirt (from waist to bottom of jacket) Neither of these things are crucial. Fits look really good on both the sport coat and suit.

Thanks for the feedback sir. My left shirt sleeve looked shorter probably due to my bulky watch lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads