• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

soto_nw

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how do the corduroy fit compared to Pini Parma or Suit Supply in the same size.

I've never bought a suit, or trousers, from Spier and Mackay, but planning on buy the brown corduroy.

For reference I wear a 34 in Pini Parma high-rise (depending on the time of year, they sometimes have some extra room in the waist), and 34 in Suit Supply high-rise (depending on the time of year, just a little snug, or a little loose....but generally a good fit).

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New cream cords out of the box. Just a quick fit check. Sizing seems consistent with my brown linen from spring. I’m feeling like these new tweaks to the high rise have been spot on (other than the seersucker being too big). Higher rise, wider at the knee, all so welcome.

View attachment 1459856
View attachment 1459857

Sees this. Heads on over to SM website to grab high-rise green cords I really don’t need but know look really good.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how do the corduroy fit compared to Pini Parma or Suit Supply in the same size.

I've never bought a suit, or trousers, from Spier and Mackay, but planning on buy the brown corduroy.

For reference I wear a 34 in Pini Parma high-rise (depending on the time of year, they sometimes have some extra room in the waist), and 34 in Suit Supply high-rise (depending on the time of year, just a little snug, or a little loose....but generally a good fit).

SM slim fits similar to SS Soho.

SM contemporary is soooo much better than SS. But still slim if you go to the gym.

ptfly

Reaction score
New cream cords out of the box. Just a quick fit check. Sizing seems consistent with my brown linen from spring. I’m feeling like these new tweaks to the high rise have been spot on (other than the seersucker being too big). Higher rise, wider at the knee, all so welcome.

View attachment 1459856
View attachment 1459857
Looks great. As a slim fit only guy I am concerned if the fall slim trousers fit like the brown linen I bought this year. I had to take a lot out of the outseam. My tailor even wondered what was going on. I hoped it was an anomaly. I will wait until a slim wearer purchases a cord to be safe.
I received my rust tweed trousers recently and they fit normally so fingers crossed the brown linen was just way over the normal slim specs.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. As a slim fit only guy I am concerned if the fall slim trousers fit like the brown linen I bought this year. I had to take a lot out of the outseam. My tailor even wondered what was going on. I hoped it was an anomaly. I will wait until a slim wearer purchases a cord to be safe.
I received my rust tweed trousers recently and they fit normally so fingers crossed the brown linen was just way over the normal slim specs.

I think they also opened up the slim. My slim denim trousers this S/S feel more roomy compared to the seersucker I got last year and that's perfect.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha so true. I have a pair of cream cotton from last year with some dirty splotches on them
how does the cream color compare to last year undyed white, which I have? Pretty close ? or worth having both?

Spyder187

Reaction score
Hey, did anyone else receive an email from Spier and Mackay titled "[your name], Congratulations you won!" only to read the email content that says "You didn't win this time but don't worry there will be a new contest in the future."?

mbb355

Reaction score
Hey, did anyone else receive an email from Spier and Mackay titled "[your name], Congratulations you won!" only to read the email content that says "You didn't win this time but don't worry there will be a new contest in the future."?
lol wut

Gawith4Life

Reaction score
I got the same thing.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't get that, but maybe it has to do with that contest they ran a week or two ago?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I see full canvas being free on their custom page, sometimes not. Is it just a random promo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads