• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cr2596

Reaction score
Green seersucker + linen/cotton shirt

F05AEE5A-D8DC-4279-B477-8222380D36C4.jpeg

HotDoc

Reaction score
@spiermackay did you ever photograph the new DB MTO option?

Hello gents. I have been a lurker in this forum, learning and taking tips from the thread. Over the past year I have been slowly replacing most of wardrobe with S&M pieces.
Just sharing my recent MTO with the free full canvas offer - Minnis Navy Fresco DB blazer. Neopolitan cut, light horn buttons. I took my normal size which is 36S slim and adjusted the cuff length and back centre seam to my specs. Very pleased to see how it turned up.
Worn with S&M pink lightweight OCBD and green seersucker pants.

IMG_20200829_232615.jpg

Last edited:

HotDoc

Reaction score
Green seersucker suit back from tailor. My ideal fit is between slim and contemporary, so the tighter contemporary fit of the seersucker jacket works to my advantage with no alteration needed (apart from sleeve length) The trousers however is very roomy and needed some tapering.
IMG_20200831_193349.jpg
IMG_20200829_130906.jpg

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
I received the new Bottoli light gray donegal jacket today

although the jacket is described as “light gray” I would call it more of a medium gray. In any case, in person, to me it looks slightly darker than it did on the website. If you look at the closeups of the fabric in the pics, you can see darker charcoal undertones. In person these are more prominent so when blended with the lighter gray overtones, from a distance the net effect is a medium gray

this is not a negative at all to me and in fact I think makes this more versatile as a fall/winter jacket

at close range the small multicolor donegal effects (along with the dark/light gray contrasts) are apparent but from a couple of feet away you cannot see these flecks

this is a really great, subtle fabric that provides a ton of visual interest up close but looks very solid and conservative from a distance

the fabric is a good medium weight—it does not have the heft you sometimes get in a tweed that would make it difficult to wear indoors

overall I am extremely pleased with this coat

this is the third sport coat I’ve purchased from Spier and I think this might be the best yet as it hits a real sweat spot in terms of being plain enough to be worn often and easily matched and also holding a lot of visual depth up close

great job Spier team!!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the new Bottoli light gray donegal jacket today

although the jacket is described as “light gray” I would call it more of a medium gray. In any case, in person, to me it looks slightly darker than it did on the website. If you look at the closeups of the fabric in the pics, you can see darker charcoal undertones. In person these are more prominent so when blended with the lighter gray overtones, from a distance the net effect is a medium gray

this is not a negative at all to me and in fact I think makes this more versatile as a fall/winter jacket

at close range the small multicolor donegal effects (along with the dark/light gray contrasts) are apparent but from a couple of feet away you cannot see these flecks

this is a really great, subtle fabric that provides a ton of visual interest up close but looks very solid and conservative from a distance

the fabric is a good medium weight—it does not have the heft you sometimes get in a tweed that would make it difficult to wear indoors

overall I am extremely pleased with this coat

this is the third sport coat I’ve purchased from Spier and I think this might be the best yet as it hits a real sweat spot in terms of being plain enough to be worn often and easily matched and also holding a lot of visual depth up close

great job Spier team!!
Pics? lol

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gents. I have been a lurker in this forum, learning and taking tips from the thread. Over the past year I have been slowly replacing most of wardrobe with S&M pieces.
Just sharing my recent MTO with the free full canvas offer - Minnis Navy Fresco DB blazer. Neopolitan cut, light horn buttons. I took my normal size which is 36S slim and adjusted the cuff length and back centre seam to my specs. Very pleased to see how it turned up.
Worn with S&M pink lightweight OCBD and green seersucker pants.

View attachment 1459532
Green seersucker suit back from tailor. My ideal fit is between slim and contemporary, so the tighter contemporary fit of the seersucker jacket works to my advantage with no alteration needed (apart from sleeve length) The trousers however is very roomy and needed some tapering. View attachment 1459541 View attachment 1459542

Looks like you have really nailed your fit! Good on you.

If one were to nitpick at all, I would say, left sleeve on both jackets could come up 1-1.5 cm, and (just judging by the pics posted) the DB could stand a slight take in in the waist and skirt (from waist to bottom of jacket) Neither of these things are crucial. Fits look really good on both the sport coat and suit.

malefe

Reaction score
Spier, are there anymore special Fox Brothers fabrics due in this fall, most especially any flannels or glen checks in addition to the latest?

Awesome fabric pics guys thanks to everyone for sharing!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New cream cords out of the box. Just a quick fit check. Sizing seems consistent with my brown linen from spring. I’m feeling like these new tweaks to the high rise have been spot on (other than the seersucker being too big). Higher rise, wider at the knee, all so welcome.

4664B276-0E0E-4C7A-80D4-A75C7561DCAC.jpeg

6D3A58BB-3F15-4E93-BD05-D7B81E8FB7F0.jpeg

espen

Reaction score
I know we all love cream trousers, but if you walk anywhere in the winter it's disastrous. And I love my undyed cords from last year. Dirty snow sploches everywhere.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we all love cream trousers, but if you walk anywhere in the winter it's disastrous. And I love my undyed cords from last year. Dirty snow sploches everywhere.

hahaha so true. I have a pair of cream cotton from last year with some dirty splotches on them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads