• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rotbart

Reaction score
A double breasted tweed SC would be awesome…

3EF42EEB-FB27-433C-AED6-E79A05975C65.png

JFernandez25

Reaction score

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course you’re right, but that’s a classic Styleforum answer: Which one pair of trousers should I buy? Get this one, and this one, and this one, too.
?

You gotta give ppl some choice.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, so definitely something lighter weight.

I appreciate each of your suggestions. I know it’s a bit of an open question since there are so many wonderful choices.

thanks everyone!

If you live in Florida i guess cotton chinos now and some summer high twists next Spring.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of the emerald linen suit and had to throw it on for a quick pic. Not sure I'll ever rock it as a full suit, but I have been after a green linen sportcoat for years inspired by Sebastian McFox, and couldn't pass up the 25% off last week. I think I'd prefer a bit more slubbiness but lets face it - I will never look as cool as him anyway.

Also, the camera angle is messing with the length. Its fine.

View attachment 1441055

View attachment 1441070

That looks great, nice work!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of the emerald linen suit and had to throw it on for a quick pic. Not sure I'll ever rock it as a full suit, but I have been after a green linen sportcoat for years inspired by Sebastian McFox, and couldn't pass up the 25% off last week. I think I'd prefer a bit more slubbiness but lets face it - I will never look as cool as him anyway.

Also, the camera angle is messing with the length. Its fine.

View attachment 1441055

View attachment 1441070

Looks good! Which of your photos captures the true color the best? The second, sleeve photo leans to turquoise, on my monitor

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That suit looks great on you, and will be even nicer when you've had a nap or two on the verandah and put some serious wrinkles in it. And just when I'm about to ask who sebastian fox is...

That looks great, nice work!
:cheers:

Last edited:

vanmosh

Reaction score
Hi there - new to Spier and Mackay. I saw some discussion in the last couple of pages about pre-orders in certain sizes "selling out".

Just to clarify, will there be regular inventory in stock after the pre-orders are complete or is the pre-order my only chance to guarantee a jacket in my size if I really like it?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there - new to Spier and Mackay. I saw some discussion in the last couple of pages about pre-orders in certain sizes "selling out".

Just to clarify, will there be regular inventory in stock after the pre-orders are complete or is the pre-order my only chance to guarantee a jacket in my size if I really like it?
I believe the pre-ordered jackets come from the finite inventory, and items that sell out are gone. BUT there seem to be a number of customers who (routinely?) cop and then return or re-sell the latest shiny item. Sizes can magically re-appear back in stock or on the Spier Buy Sell Trade thread.

Last edited:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should have posted the other day but I just got my summer tweed back from a slight sleeve slimming, could not be happier with the result. I actually sent it back to Spier for their house tailor to work on it. Overall it was 1cm taken in all the way down from the armpit

View attachment 1440746

I've always been told no to in-house tailoring by them. Ouch. Wish they'd just stop with the gargantuan sleeves to begin with

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score

Pre order is your only chance. Once its gone its gone, unless someone returns.

charleswang

Reaction score
Received yesterday the DB suit, taking it to the tailor today. Looks good but I was expecting it to be a touch longer. What do you think?

ad4ba56e4e9e4a39be7f407dcd5b8752ca4d0caf.jpg
4cb7ba42967ec5659658e373413a7f432c8cf635.jpg
Hard to say 100% without a full-body shot, but I think the length looks fine! DB should be a touch shorter than SB

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been told no to in-house tailoring by them. Ouch. Wish they'd just stop with the gargantuan sleeves to begin with
Do you mean all over, or mostly in the forearm?

Incidentally, what size sleeve cuff opening do you guys seem to prefer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads