• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked the pre-orders pages, some sizes are already sold out...crazy...:worship2:will there be a further restock?

I am just happy to see proof of a healthy cash Flow after all the sales that has been going on. I remember Rick said that they had something like a 90 day plan when covid-19 hit. Hopefully they have a good plan for the future as well!

JFernandez25

Reaction score
Hello all!

I would appreciate your recommendations... I have 2 suits from S&M (brushed charcoal and indigo prince of Wales) also a navy blazer and a pair of medium brown cotton trousers.
I’m having trouble deciding on which odd trousers to purchase next.

Thanks so much.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I would appreciate your recommendations... I have 2 suits from S&M (brushed charcoal and indigo prince of Wales) also a navy blazer and a pair of medium brown cotton trousers.

Thanks so much.
Something in mid gray

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Thanks so much.

With winter comming there will probably be some good wool trousers in flannel and cavalry twill and cotton trousers in corduroy and moleskin.

As mentioned above gray is a good color for trouser. Gray cotton trousers often look a bit odd. But a mid gray flannel is very useful. Cotton kahkis are also easy to wear and to make it a bundle I would also grab olive.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With winter comming there will probably be some good wool trousers in flannel and cavalry twill and cotton trousers in corduroy and moleskin.

As mentioned above gray is a good color for trouser. Gray cotton trousers often look a bit odd. But a mid gray flannel is very useful. Cotton kahkis are also easy to wear and to make it a bundle I would also grab olive.
Of course you’re right, but that’s a classic Styleforum answer: Which one pair of trousers should I buy? Get this one, and this one, and this one, too.
?

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Of course you’re right, but that’s a classic Styleforum answer: Which one pair of trousers should I buy? Get this one, and this one, and this one, too.
?
"Khaki works well, go with that. Also, grey flannels, and green trousers as well."
It's hard to not have at least a few, lol.

tripreed

Reaction score
Hello all!

Thanks so much.

I think part of that depends on where you live. If you live in a cooler climate, flannel or the new Donegal trousers could be a good option. If you live somewhere warmer, something lighter weight might have a bit more versatility since you could use them for a larger portion of the year.

JFernandez25

Reaction score
I think part of that depends on where you live. If you live in a cooler climate, flannel or the new Donegal trousers could be a good option. If you live somewhere warmer, something lighter weight might have a bit more versatility since you could use them for a larger portion of the year.
I live in Fort Lauderdale, so definitely something lighter weight.

I appreciate each of your suggestions. I know it’s a bit of an open question since there are so many wonderful choices.

thanks everyone!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like my SC exchange didn't go well, couldn't find it. Oh well, Avin handled it well!

Does anyone have any pictures of the Copper coloured chino's from last FW I think? Looking at getting them

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

To be fair, OP didn’t specify if he wanted advice on ONE pair of trousers, or a couple, or a few....

"which odd trousers" could be singualr or plural.

quigleysr

Reaction score
I just took delivery of the emerald linen suit and had to throw it on for a quick pic. Not sure I'll ever rock it as a full suit, but I have been after a green linen sportcoat for years inspired by Sebastian McFox, and couldn't pass up the 25% off last week. I think I'd prefer a bit more slubbiness but lets face it - I will never look as cool as him anyway.

Also, the camera angle is messing with the length. Its fine.

Emerald.jpg

Emerald 2.jpg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Fort Lauderdale, so definitely something lighter weight.

I appreciate each of your suggestions. I know it’s a bit of an open question since there are so many wonderful choices.

thanks everyone!

Instead of going for the usual similar tones as your blue + grey jackets get one of the darker green SM trousers in any fabric but pure cotton for stretch and comfort. Green works well with both blue and grey without looking too monotone. Something like:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads