• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this new release black and white in its colors? Or is it more of a natural/cream? View attachment 1439855
Not sure, but it looks brown and cream on my monitor. If it were black and cream/white, I think these buttons would be an odd choice.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typically with linen (this has been discussed elsewhere, this is not my sage advice or experience) the sleeves get pretty hard creases that pull the sleeve measurement up. If the sleeves get altered before really wearing it, then the creases are had the sleeves become much too short. YMMV

Edit: As with anything there are limitations. If the sleeves are obviously too long, the creases won't help much.

This is true especially with trousers.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Please bring back the All New Arrivals page. I really miss it. That is all.

Will come back soon. The issue is with having all the category filters working at the same time. The developers are reconfiguring it to work properly there and in the sale section.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this new release black and white in its colors? Or is it more of a natural/cream? View attachment 1439855

This is a proper and true representation of the actual cloth. It's natural undyed wool. So more brown/cream. Under certain light and in many IG pics it looks black and white.

Hankmctank

Reaction score
This is true especially with trousers.
Would you say this applies to the cotton linen sondrio trousers as well?
I just ordered a second pair because of the recent sale. Haven’t altered either yet and this latest tidbit of info would be valuable to me

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay I don’t know if this has been recommended before, but I think it would be great if some of the customer pictures could be included on product pages on the website. Some of the outfits posted in this thread are much more compelling than the product shots. Not all of course. A very common request on this thread is real life pictures of garments.

A few other SF affiliates have compensation programs in place for customer shots, store credit and/or cash. It may help boost sells.

stylebear

Reaction score
I do have one haha. Sadly, my S&M shoes are big for me, so I'll be selling them. :(

I've had good success adding insoles to shrink shoes. If you need to shrink them a lot, try cutting the insole too long so it curls up at the ends. Good luck.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you say this applies to the cotton linen sondrio trousers as well?
I just ordered a second pair because of the recent sale. Haven’t altered either yet and this latest tidbit of info would be valuable to me

I have no experience with the SM Sondrio but a lot less shortening issue with cotton blends in other fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads