• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pickergc

Reaction score
I must have missed the advice about the sleeves, what did he experience?
What was his rationale for that advice to not alter the sleeves till after the jacket has been work a few times?
Typically with linen (this has been discussed elsewhere, this is not my sage advice or experience) the sleeves get pretty hard creases that pull the sleeve measurement up. If the sleeves get altered before really wearing it, then the creases are had the sleeves become much too short. YMMV

Edit: As with anything there are limitations. If the sleeves are obviously too long, the creases won't help much.

Hankmctank

Reaction score
Hoping some experienced ppl can help with this.
I’m struggling to pick between these sport coats:
Natural linen (100% linen)
Sondrio Light brown (51% linen 49% cotton)
Drago light brown (60% linen 40% wool)

If it was based on looks alone, I’d go with the Sondrio. However, I run hot and sweat easily so I would like to ask if anyone has any insight into these different fabric combos as to:
1. which of the 3 is most breathable?
2. which one is wrinkles the most / least?

Thanks in advance. And thanks to all who have posted pics, to tempt me...

Attachments

• 05D6B75F-E33C-4ED7-96CF-A3DA0A752D05.jpeg
    05D6B75F-E33C-4ED7-96CF-A3DA0A752D05.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 121

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it was based on looks alone, I’d go with the Sondrio. However, I run hot and sweat easily so I would like to ask if anyone has any insight into these different fabric combos as to:

1. Drago. Despite all natural linen being very breathable, 100% linen is also heavy.
2. 100% linen is for those trying to look wrinkled. Drago with wool has less wrinkles.

I'd personally get the Drago just because I like the hand of the fabric.

JayDee90

Reaction score

Props to the side by side comparison. Highlights some of the similarity in shade but difference in texture that I would not have paid attention to otherwise.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score

Probably the Drago for the least wrinkles. I have the drago wool/linen in grey and the texture is great

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received custom shirts? I'm still waiting on an order from March!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also wasn't expecting there to be charcoal donegal trousers. My FW budget was dipped into by the sales, so hopefully it'll be in stock later in the year as I would love that for some smart casual dress

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay - will any of the donegal fabrics be up for MTO? A donegal suit would be a nice thing but I need MTO trousers.

Leanderthal

Reaction score
@spiermackay any speculation on if the jackets this FW will be cut like FW19 or SS20? SS20 seemed to be a bit more generous than past?

Hankmctank

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback Riva and MisterrLovely
I do prefer less wrinkles, and the prices between the 3 do indeed seem to reflect that quality of cloth, as you have both noted.
Thanks. I will be definitely be leaning toward the linen/wool combo when I pull the trigger.

I do think the sondrio colour / texture looked the best. However, being only 5’7, makes it easier to choose a non-neo cut as well for length purposes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads