• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do use a DSLR because I have to take my pics very early (and the daylight saving time doesn't help at all) and where I live there's not enough light. Plus I haven't bought a top of the line phone since, around here, they are the most robbed item haha. And I do not like the focal length of phones cameras. They are good at some processing and they are getting better but I think they still don't produce the bokeh a nice lense do.
Next Samsung: 50mm f/0.5 equivalent

pickergc

Reaction score
i agree with @Betelgeuse iphone the image quality, DoF, etc just isn’t there. Also, the slightest tilt has massive distortion.

brown cotton/linen stripe from - last year? Two years ago? Can’t remember. That run of shirts were some of my favorites.

F6BB977B-863B-45D7-9769-570948C13E3A.jpeg
1167F59F-7C44-467B-810B-3F6889970E7B.jpeg

McCalebtosh

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Italian spread collars? I'm a little guy with a small-medium head and tend tend to go with smaller tie knots so I tend not to go for more spread collars (also I live with my girlfriend who isn't a fan of them). Trying out S&M shirts for the first time after loving everything else I have gotten from them.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Next Samsung: 50mm f/0.5 equivalent
Is that the phone camera? I mean, my phone, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, I think it has f/1.8 but as far as I know, they do bokeh with AI so they are not extremely accurate in doing the boke, especially at the front.

And as @pickergc said, what really kills it for me, the focal length, mine has 3mm and that will show a lot of, don't know if it applies to phones but, barrel distortion. Would be nice to try to take the same shots one with the camera and the other with the phone haha.

cale.robertson

Reaction score
Advice greatly appreciated:
I normally wear a 42r contemp, but they are slightly tight in the shoulders. I saw the drago brown slub and really want to snag it, (dang 25% off deals) but it is 44r contemp. Will it be a huge jump? Going off of the measurement guides it doesn't seem like a big difference, but I'm relatively new to tailored clothing. My chest measures 43 and waist is 35.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the phone camera? I mean, my phone, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, I think it has f/1.8 but as far as I know, they do bokeh with AI so they are not extremely accurate in doing the boke, especially at the front.

And as @pickergc said, what really kills it for me, the focal length, mine has 3mm and that will show a lot of, don't know if it applies to phones but, barrel distortion. Would be nice to try to take the same shots one with the camera and the other with the phone haha.
Lol meant it as a joke, it will probably be a few more years until they can manage to get the aperture down that low for an equivalent. Honestly even my Canon M5 with a Canon 50mm f/1.8 can take some nice photos, even with how low the bundle of them costs. Would buy more lenses, but want to switch to Fuji so not worth the investment. APS-C ftw lol

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol meant it as a joke, it will probably be a few more years until they can manage to get the aperture down that low for an equivalent. Honestly even my Canon M5 with a Canon 50mm f/1.8 can take some nice photos, even with how low the bundle of them costs. Would buy more lenses, but want to switch to Fuji so not worth the investment. APS-C ftw lol
Hahaha. Well my camera isn't expensive also, Canon T7i with a 50mm f/1.8 too. But I have been eyeing the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art ?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tripreed

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Italian spread collars? I'm a little guy with a small-medium head and tend tend to go with smaller tie knots so I tend not to go for more spread collars (also I live with my girlfriend who isn't a fan of them). Trying out S&M shirts for the first time after loving everything else I have gotten from them.

I can't speak for the Italian spread collars specifically, but I will say that I prefer spread collars and only use a four in hand knot with them. Don't feel like you have to go with a Windsor or double Windsor just because it's a spread collar. I was watching one of @vriche Youtube videos the other day and he was talking about the same thing.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Well my camera isn't expensive also, Canon T7i with a 50mm f/1.8 too. But I have been eyeing the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art ?
I got a T2i a couple years ago and upgraded last year to the M5. Great little camera. Been eyeing the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for the EF-M or a telephoto of sorts lol, but @spiermackay took all my money this year so ?

Hankmctank

Reaction score
Advice greatly appreciated:
I normally wear a 42r contemp, but they are slightly tight in the shoulders. I saw the drago brown slub and really want to snag it, (dang 25% off deals) but it is 44r contemp. Will it be a huge jump? Going off of the measurement guides it doesn't seem like a big difference, but I'm relatively new to tailored clothing. My chest measures 43 and waist is 35.
I started off with 40 contemporary, and fit just right. With little room to spare
Went with a 42 slim on my last order and it was great. I would suggest that as it sounds like we have a similar issue being between sizes

c.bisesar

Reaction score
I got a T2i a couple years ago and upgraded last year to the M5. Great little camera. Been eyeing the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for the EF-M or a telephoto of sorts lol, but @spiermackay took all my money this year so ?

I used to work with photographers and picked up a T3i ages ago - still holds up pretty well. I ended up picking up a 5d2 afterwards, but my 24-70mm is dead now and I haven't bothered getting it repaired or replaced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads