• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boredom from covid and power outage from isaia got me opening pockets I never got around to. The moon tweed with red over check jacket from either last season or two seasons ago, I can’t remember, has the breast pocket completely sewn shut. I know this has been talked about before but I tried pulling it to find a seam and didn’t find more of the liner. Is it possible there is no pocket?
Use a seam ripper and look closely at the edges of the pocket. There is a pocket but the sewing line is tight and extends almost the entire length of the opening.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!
I love the cream pants, and have been starting to wear the color a lot myself. I'm dying to get a pair in wool (flannel, I'm sure). Have you tried the white cords by SM? I just about pulled the trigger on those recently when I made my first order with them (suit and sportcoat, due Monday!), and now I really wish I would have. Not so sure how their trousers are going to fit me, though. I look forward to finding out.

At any rate, big thanks to you and to all the others in this thread for inspiring me to try SM out. Can't wait to fall down this rabbit hole!

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely, everything is for sale at the right price! Money talks, so let's talk ;)
Haha. I would have to get close to or maybe even over full retail, which I think was around $500 US. I love this jacket. You can only get one in this fabric now I think from no man walks alone for like $1,000.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. I would have to get close to or maybe even over full retail, which I think was around $500 US. I love this jacket. You can only get one in this fabric now I think from no man walks alone for like $1,000.

There is a pocket. Look for a small opening at one of the sides. I was able to slide a pencil in mine and then use a seam ripper.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

S&M can do it via MTO too! Drop me a DM if you would consider rather than clutter this thread.
I also have many Spier items i'd consider a part exchange on if you were interested.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the cream pants, and have been starting to wear the color a lot myself. I'm dying to get a pair in wool (flannel, I'm sure). Have you tried the white cords by SM? I just about pulled the trigger on those recently when I made my first order with them (suit and sportcoat, due Monday!), and now I really wish I would have. Not so sure how their trousers are going to fit me, though. I look forward to finding out.

At any rate, big thanks to you and to all the others in this thread for inspiring me to try SM out. Can't wait to fall down this rabbit hole!
Nice! I don't own a pair of cream trousers in flannel but I do have a light brown flannel. Sadly in Mexico it's very rare to use flannel hehe. But these are the ones I have:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get The (side tabs) Cords, I ended with (2) pairs, 1 cuff, 1 straight... :eek:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the flex with the new SM acquisitions. One is the grey and blue shepherds check and the other, the Fox Bros. Neo.

Attachments

• 51A1F7FC-6C44-493E-A9A0-259D6101C51F.jpeg
    51A1F7FC-6C44-493E-A9A0-259D6101C51F.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 77575EEA-FDC7-470E-B567-196292E6D3AB.jpeg
    77575EEA-FDC7-470E-B567-196292E6D3AB.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 122
  • E15AEDF5-A65E-47D9-BD18-70EF53C5C60F.jpeg
    E15AEDF5-A65E-47D9-BD18-70EF53C5C60F.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 631DD1A8-BF61-4FA8-855E-DBCA297FD8D5.jpeg
    631DD1A8-BF61-4FA8-855E-DBCA297FD8D5.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 137

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
In case anyone isn't seeing their emails, S&M just started another 25% off sitewide sale

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
They’ve gotta quit doing this. I buy something new every time... Convince myself I NEED it lol
If it makes you feel any better, I just bought a third green sportcoat in as many months. That damn olive linen had been calling me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads