• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theh00d

Reaction score
Received my first ever mtm sportcoat in the minnis tobacco fresco to complete the suit!
@spiermackay I think I was given the wrong color buttons.
I requested the dark natural horn and these look like the light ones?
Sorry if its hard to tell but you can kind of see the difference between the one on the trouser.

Also wished it had the Minnis label inside the jacket haha.
thumbnail_IMG_5126.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first ever mtm sportcoat in the minnis tobacco fresco to complete the suit!
@spiermackay I think I was given the wrong color buttons.
I requested the dark natural horn and these look like the light ones?
Sorry if its hard to tell but you can kind of see the difference between the one on the trouser.

Also wished it had the Minnis label inside the jacket haha.
View attachment 1435929
horn can vary in colour greatly, however are the ones on the trousers definitely horn or are they maybe the black nut?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the default is for cuffs and collar for custom shirts? Fused or not?
They’re stiff and fused unless you specify in the notes/comments. You can ask for lined but unfused, lightly lined but unfused, or unlined.

EddieK

Reaction score
They’re stiff and fused unless you specify in the notes/comments. You can ask for lined but unfused, lightly lined but unfused, or unlined.
What’s the difference between them? I only knew of fused and infused/sewn. I’m planning some formal shirts

ptfly

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried a sp/su 2020 casual cotton chino in extra slim. The color I wanted was out of stock in the slim fit so I compared the specs (slim to extra slim). Very slightly smaller. I think 1/2" in hip and 1/4" in thigh. I liked the fit so much I ordered the last two colors available in my size. Good year round weight and easy to iron. Definitely not a skinny fit in my size. My guess it may have sold better in the smaller waist sizes.
Rick my not have ordered a lot since it was a new fit but I for one am hoping they come back next spring.
I have and like a few of the slim dress cottons but these are a nice more relaxed alternative and will still be useful in the autumn.
I am also glad the 2020 hemmed casual inseams were increased to a 34" since the 32" inseam from LY in my would have been too short. If anyone has a 32 waist in the green extra slim I am interested. I ordered but got the dreaded out of stock email.

Shultzy

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up one of the washed cotton sportcoats, though my typical 40R Slim isn't available - is there that much difference with the 40 contemp? Anything tailoring can't fix?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried a sp/su 2020 casual cotton chino in extra slim. The color I wanted was out of stock in the slim fit so I compared the specs (slim to extra slim). Very slightly smaller. I think 1/2" in hip and 1/4" in thigh. I liked the fit so much I ordered the last two colors available in my size. Good year round weight and easy to iron. Definitely not a skinny fit in my size. My guess it may have sold better in the smaller waist sizes.
Rick my not have ordered a lot since it was a new fit but I for one am hoping they come back next spring.
I have and like a few of the slim dress cottons but these are a nice more relaxed alternative and will still be useful in the autumn.
I am also glad the 2020 hemmed casual inseams were increased to a 34" since the 32" inseam from LY in my would have been too short. If anyone has a 32 waist in the green extra slim I am interested. I ordered but got the dreaded out of stock email.
I also appreciated the extra slim size compared to a slim, much appreciate the taper and honestly could use more from the knee down for me, but that may be just me. I think Rick has more chino's OTW for the FW20 coming around October. However, I am glad the smaller sizes are hemmed at 32" and not the 34". I think my current ones are getting hemmed at around 28" so less fabric wasted.

ptfly

Reaction score
I also appreciated the extra slim size compared to a slim, much appreciate the taper and honestly could use more from the knee down for me, but that may be just me. I think Rick has more chino's OTW for the FW20 coming around October. However, I am glad the smaller sizes are hemmed at 32" and not the 34". I think my current ones are getting hemmed at around 28" so less fabric wasted.
Glad I am not the only one. I agree that taper is definitely not extreme. The slight hip reduction is exactly what I needed.
Last year the 32 waist size had a 32 inseam but this year it was increased to 34 which works for me. Below 32 I believe it stayed with the shorter inseam. If fall colors are coming in the same fit I will definitely add more.

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference between them? I only knew of fused and infused/sewn. I’m planning some formal shirts
A standard dress shirt collar has a lining that’s heat-fused inside, keeping a crisp, formal stiffness. An unfused collar has that lining but it’s just sewn inside instead of glued to the cloth. It’s more casual and comfortable on the neck. Some people like a collar with even less structure, so they get less—or no—fabric lining the collar. I like the retro look of a floppier, expressive collar.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea I wish there are more extra slim pants offered. The extra slim is more normal slim in other brands which is what I prefer. I've had to taper many SM pants in the past.

theh00d

Reaction score
horn can vary in colour greatly, however are the ones on the trousers definitely horn or are they maybe the black nut?

Ah I see, pretty sure they're horn.
Here is a better image.
fresco button.jpg

Gawith4Life

Reaction score
Yea I wish there are more extra slim pants offered. The extra slim is more normal slim in other brands which is what I prefer. I've had to taper many SM pants in the past.
I have the opposite perspective. I really wish they had an athletic or fuller fit. I have to go up 2 or 4 inches in contemporary just to get a comfortable fit in the thighs and calf. Even contemporary fit feels like a slim fit to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads