• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A SS18 classic jacket.

A97AE0B3-4266-489F-AE04-CB3DBAAF6AC7.jpeg

theh00d

Reaction score
I was torn between that neo brown check above and the bottoli med brown, went with the later though last minute before the sale ended last night lol.
Well they didn't have my size in the neo anyway and I got a similar pattern in the fox flannel already haha

Does anyone else have the bottoli?
There isn't much talk about that one.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Anyone try tumble drying the hooded sweatshirts? Did they shrink?

RCD33

Reaction score
I told you of my recent purchase of the washed cotton suits. Unfortunately, they did not fit me well.

View attachment 1434268
View attachment 1434269
View attachment 1434270
View attachment 1434267
View attachment 1434271
View attachment 1434272
All the items are well made. Great quality. My first experience with S&M jackets and pants.

The jacket is completely unstructured which may have contributed to the fit issue. This is a 38R contemporary, my usually size for most companies. The sleeves do not fall correctly to my eye. Lots of folds under the armpit. The back is also messy. Maybe a slim would be better, but I wanted some extra room for a warm weather jacket. Body length, sleeve length, shoulders, and chest seem good to me.

The pants fit perfectly in the waist. The rise was not bad. The pants where tight in the hips, seat and thighs for me. These are 30 contemporary pants, my usual size in most brands. There is no way I would fit in the slims. Did the washed cotton trousers run small this year? I’ll try a 32 contemporary next time.

Sending all of this back. I may try the linen jackets once these are returned.

I had the same issue with the sleeves on my olive jacket. My tailor was able to make some improvements, particularly to the back of the sleeves, but they still hang pretty poorly. I also agree that it's not emblematic of all unstructured cotton jackets, as I've had others that hung cleanly. Maybe a pattern issue, since every photo I've seen so far has the same wonky arms.

That being said, it checks the rest of the boxes that I've been looking for in an olive cotton suit, so I'm still pretty happy with it.

dangaa

Reaction score
What is the prescribed method for removing pink construction marks from the seam edges on a jacket? Will steam do it? Or dry cleaning?

Steam is what I was told by S&M. Worked on my jacket when I had to remove the odd mark.

I had another jacket with much larger sections of marks that it didn't work as well on - S&M replaced that jacket for me.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
I was torn between that neo brown check above and the bottoli med brown, went with the later though last minute before the sale ended last night lol.
Well they didn't have my size in the neo anyway and I got a similar pattern in the fox flannel already haha

Does anyone else have the bottoli?
There isn't much talk about that one.
I have it. Very versatile. ??

Gawith4Life

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Did they shrink just a little or a whole size? Mine are slightly large, but I don't mind since they are sweatshirts.
I wouldn't say a whole size but it was substantial. It went from my preference to a very slim fit. I wear mine to the gym in the winter so I like a bit more freedom of movement.

I washed them again and shook them out to air dry and I was able to get it to expand a bit but regardless it shrunk the sleeve length permanently and the overall length of the body as well. For reference, I'm a 42, in between a long and regular, about 6'1 195 and I got a large. Next time there is a sale I'm going to try to get any remaining XL sizes. I did the exact same drying thing with the sweatshirts, so I had to spring for another set in XL the last time they had a sale on sale.

It's a bit disconcerting to be an XL in Spier, even though it doesn't mean anything, obviously being more how it fits vs what the tags say. I'm just used to being a medium in just about everything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads