• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy with the contemporary fit trouser nowadays. Hadn't really tried it since the tweaks in fit; much fuller in the knee and opening than I would normally have gone for but the reality is this is more comfortable and wearable.

Also, slap some white buttons on this navy linen DB! I'm sending it back but in a perfect world where money grows in my backyard, I'd do just that.

View attachment 1433818
Very nice! I thought changing buttons was inexpensive.

dangaa

Reaction score
Happy with the contemporary fit trouser nowadays. Hadn't really tried it since the tweaks in fit; much fuller in the knee and opening than I would normally have gone for but the reality is this is more comfortable and wearable.

Also, slap some white buttons on this navy linen DB! I'm sending it back but in a perfect world where money grows in my backyard, I'd do just that.

View attachment 1433818

So glad I pulled the trigger on it yesterday. I can only dream that my fit comes close!

hamnjam

Reaction score
1596254560227.png

From their IG promoting their Fall 2020 catalogue. I started for thread for myself in the style advice section and this particular item is a contender!

Spyder187

Reaction score
Yes, since I was making the order for the trousers, I wanted to see how the lapels looked IRL and also how the two different fits of jacket worked on me.

Is it the difference in fit between neo and regular? I'm wondering that I get size 38 in Neo fit but the waist is kinda tight causing vent flare. Lapel sits flush, no bad x pulling at the button point. I may not do much about the vent flare because it fits well otherwise. Shoulders are on point so if it's any smaller, my deltoids would round out the side.

Would I be 40 slim in the regular fit? Been eyeing getting a suit but because it's all regular fit, tough call.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
View attachment 1434154

From their IG promoting their Fall 2020 catalogue. I started for thread for myself in the style advice section and this particular item is a contender!
This is tempting for me, as I don't own any darker brown FW sport jackets. Knowing S&M, these first few examples are just the tip of their sartorial iceberg this season.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EMBRACE THE LINEN WRINKLES lol

I tried very much to like the linen wrinkle but too many people told me it just looks like I put the jacket in the suitcase without folding. So I prefer seersucker when I want to get character without wrinkles.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ironically I got that linen db with the intention of changing the buttons with white mop but seeing the jacket is on a long side and the buttons are lower than I expected, I changed the buttons to black horns instead of the current brownish horns to obscure them. I later put the white mops on a Boglioli hopsack navy db.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is tempting for me, as I don't own any darker brown FW sport jackets. Knowing S&M, these first few examples are just the tip of their sartorial iceberg this season.

Looks very similar to this one:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks very similar to this one:

It is a repeat of the Bottoli Brown Donegal Tweed from FW18, asked Rick in the comments, but still a great SC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads