• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddie_fisic

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to purchase my first linen shirt from S&M and I was wondering what is the best way of cleaning and caring for one. I've had a few cheap ones from fast fashion stores in the past, and they've become incredibly wrinkled after the first wash. No amount of ironing could change that. Some of the gents posting here and on Insta have beautiful looking linen shirts (wrinkled and wavy but still looking good) and I was curious how that look can be achieved.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to purchase my first linen shirt from S&M and I was wondering what is the best way of cleaning and caring for one. I've had a few cheap ones from fast fashion stores in the past, and they've become incredibly wrinkled after the first wash. No amount of ironing could change that. Some of the gents posting here and on Insta have beautiful looking linen shirts (wrinkled and wavy but still looking good) and I was curious how that look can be achieved.
I wash mine in cold water, then lay out to dry. When nearly dry, I iron. For wears in between washing, I hit it with a steamer and all the wrinkles fall out in like 30 sec.
The fast fashion ones probably are not 100% linen or are a poor weave, but even my Uniqlo yellow linen shirt comes out wrinkleless as easy as the Spier shirts.

theh00d

Reaction score

Very nice! I lurked your other personal account ig story for some inspirations (mostly natalino and spier & mackey post) lol. Glad you made a dedicated account for the outfits!

Also wearing the same jacket today with a lightweight pink oxford from S&M

EddieK

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the reverse stripe oxford shirt in real life? And the pink fine twill as well?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wondering aloud here... @SpierTeam @spiermackay Has there been any experimentation or ideation around creating a single breasted peak lapel or double breasted sport/suit in the Neopolitan style?

Can you share an image of what you're thinking. Not sure what you mean by single breast or Double breast in the Neapolitan style. Do you just mean a soft shoulder?

eddie_fisic

Reaction score
I wash mine in cold water, then lay out to dry. When nearly dry, I iron. For wears in between washing, I hit it with a steamer and all the wrinkles fall out in like 30 sec.
The fast fashion ones probably are not 100% linen or are a poor weave, but even my Uniqlo yellow linen shirt comes out wrinkleless as easy as the Spier shirts.
Awesome, thanks! I will try those steps when mine arrives. I'd be inclined to say Uniqlo uses decent quality fabrics for a fast fashion outlet. Definitely better than H&M and the likes.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
I'm running Chrome and begrudgingly, Edge. Just downloaded Firefox and it appears to be working. Not sure if I'd get the same from a fresh install of either of my previous browsers or not, but my problem is resolved.

Thanks!

Just as an FYI in case it helps anyone in the future: I downloaded Opera this morning as well and it too had issues getting to the website. Firefox seems to be the only way my laptop can access it.

EDIT: Just went back to the site in Firefox and now I'm getting fatal error messages on there, too. Ughhhh.

Last edited:

Moaks

Reaction score

I do the same. I press the collar with an iron and then use my steamer. I shake the fabric a bit when I steam it as I personaly don't like when linen is stiff from drying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads