• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roen

Reaction score
Man always looks so sharp you'd think it's all custom. But I believe he said previously it's all OTR.
I was going to mention that if he had money to burn, he could go for some more waist suppression but it's how he likes to wear it at the end of the day.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention that if he had money to burn, he could go for some more waist suppression but it's how he likes to wear it at the end of the day.
More waist suppression? I wish I could wear my clothes with the ease and casual dignity of @Betelgeuse.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More waist suppression? I wish I could wear my clothes with the ease and casual dignity of @Betelgeuse.

Agreed. Waist suppression would cause unsightly pulling lines around the buttoning point. @Betelgeuse looks good here. The jacket front is clean and a visual line flows uninterrupted from the shoulder down through the trousers.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man always looks so sharp you'd think it's all custom. But I believe he said previously it's all OTR.
Agreed. Waist suppression would cause unsightly pulling lines around the buttoning point. @Betelgeuse looks good here. The jacket front is clean and a visual line flows uninterrupted from the shoulder down through the trousers.
Thanks! Yeap, all my S&M stuff, RTW. In fact it already has like 1" less in the waist. Much more would throw off the jacket balance. Especially because my tailor takes that inch from the underarm darts to give that slight curve. If he takes them from the back, the clean drape will be off.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeap, all my S&M stuff, RTW. In fact it already has like 1" less in the waist. Much more would throw off the jacket balance. Especially because my tailor takes that inch from the underarm darts to give that slight curve. If he takes them from the back, the clean drape will be off.
Ah interesting. What is meant by underarm darts? I haven't heard of that before.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah interesting. What is meant by underarm darts? I haven't heard of that before.
Hopefully you can see the seam or dart hehe I'm refferring to:

tumblr_dcb721962ae699a892402b4cf283e18e_60803dbe_500.jpg

Most of the fabric excess in my S&M SC's is in the front panels, by taking-in in there, he gives just a slight nip to the waist creating a nice curve to the waist but without being extreme. If that makes sense. He does not touch the sleeve or chest cause the chest needs all the fullness to fit my chest.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1424566

Most of the fabric excess in my S&M SC's is in the front panels, by taking-in in there, he gives just a slight nip to the waist creating a nice curve to the waist but without being extreme. If that makes sense. He does not touch the sleeve or chest cause the chest needs all the fullness to fit my chest.
Perfect explanation. I was trying to put that into words, but your picture says it all.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering aloud here... @SpierTeam @spiermackay Has there been any experimentation or ideation around creating a single breasted peak lapel or double breasted sport/suit in the Neopolitan style?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1424566

Ahhh awesome, that makes perfect sense, and also solves a problem for me!

I'd wondered why the back and side-view would look terrible on me when the tailor would take in the waist, I definitely need more drape along the back.

Now I know exactly what to ask for. Thanks man, appreciate it.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahhh awesome, that makes perfect sense, and also solves a problem for me!

I'd wondered why the back and side-view would look terrible on me when the tailor would take in the waist, I definitely need more drape along the back.

Now I know exactly what to ask for. Thanks man, appreciate it.
Gald it helped!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads