• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love it, but the buttons on the pockets, Looks to have to many buttons, either magnet closure or no buttons, I Really like the trucker/slant pockets.
JAB;
20200713_113421.jpg

20200713_113412.jpg

20200713_113400.jpg

Note, This is not a Safari!

Imperatores

Reaction score
My company's security is blocking the link but I'm guessing is the Drago, right? I have that one and I love it. Sadly, when I took it to the tailor, they dismounted the sleeves (don't know why) and they couldn't put them back up the way it should. Rick helped me to fix them. They are a lot better now but still thinking of selling it and grabbing it again.

Yes, that's the one! Looks great on you (like all of your clothing always does), but I'm not quite sure about the color. I was considering it as a somewhat conservative business jacket, but it looks a bit lighter than I was hoping in some of your pictures. Immensely helpful pics, though. Thank you!

It's a brushed twill so it kinda looks and feels like a flannel but with less weight.

Looks like it's slightly more textured than in the official photos as well. Very nice. I'm guessing it's around 300gsm in weight, then?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So... in what climate would you actually wear a suede safari jacket? Wouldn't it be too warm for warmer climates, but suede will get messed up but rainy/snowy climates?

I mean, I look at Rick's prototype, I only imagine this would be good for chilly days.

I wouldn't worry about light snow, honestly. I live in Virginia and could wear a suede jacket pretty much continually from October - March with only a few days that require a real "winter coat".

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one! Looks great on you (like all of your clothing always does), but I'm not quite sure about the color. I was considering it as a somewhat conservative business jacket, but it looks a bit lighter than I was hoping in some of your pictures. Immensely helpful pics, though. Thank you!

Looks like it's slightly more textured than in the official photos as well. Very nice. I'm guessing it's around 300gsm in weight, then?
The color looks to me like a saturated blue. Is not as dark as navy but it certainly could work as you’re planning to use it.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
From my Regrets List to my Sportcoat Inventory: Botto Luigi waffle texture triple patch.
View attachment 1423316
When this jacket dropped in August 2018? It sold out immediately in my size. Spier’s recent Inventory deep dive unearthed a couple left-overs, and damned if there wasn’t a 44L! Bought it immediately.?
Too bad the mill closed down. This jacket would have been an instant seller again, and maybe they would have produced a different color.

cale.robertson

Reaction score
My company's security is blocking the link but I'm guessing is the Drago, right? I have that one and I love it. Sadly, when I took it to the tailor, they dismounted the sleeves (don't know why) and they couldn't put them back up the way it should. Rick helped me to fix them. They are a lot better now but still thinking of selling it and grabbing it again.

Now, I told you that cause probably, in the photos I'm going to share, you're not going to like the shoulder or see some creases at the sleeves. But aside from that, the fabric is really great. It's a brushed twill so it kinda looks and feels like a flannel but with less weight. When I bought it, I asked Rick what did he thought of using it for mexican weather and he told me it was going to be perfect since it's not that heavy. He was right, weight it's perfect for the mexican winter. I really think it's a great SC.

I managed to snag one of these off of ebay. Lovely fabric, I emailed SM to see if they ever had any pants to match, sadly they do not. I'd love to have this as a suit.

LookOutSpices

Reaction score
Any word on when they'll be restocking ties? Also interested if they plan on doing pocket squares in the future.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay Is there the option of having a light cotton lining or another lighter lining option on the trousers instead of the default viscose/polyester mix? I find that in very hot weather, I sweat all over the trouser linings, whereas I've had Boglioli suits with light cotton lining that were significantly cooler. Even if it's not possible for RTW on summer suits/trousers, would be nice to have the option for MTO.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't snapped any pictures yet but I bought it during the last sale. Great fabric and weight. Should pair easily with a darker shade of flannel trousers come winter. At the current price it's a steal.

Word! Just copped it a couple days ago. Please post some IRL pics when you can. It would be much appreciated. ??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads