• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a trucker. We're working on something similar down the line.
Will this be in green or navy suede by chance? Cause I can justify getting two suede that have different vibes and colors...

And will this Safari suede jacket be available in tan or any other color as well?

marchello

Reaction score
I'm about to put in an order for some MTM shirts. Is the general consensus that a "lightly lined and unfused" collar is the ideal choice for a semi-casual button down shirt? I'm looking to get the C23 large Italian button down collars...

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will this be in green or navy suede by chance? Cause I can justify getting two suede that have different vibes and colors...

And will this Safari suede jacket be available in tan or any other color as well?

I would definitely get a green. Already have a few trucker and safari suedes in tan, brown and navy.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Anyone know when the new collection of FW sport coats will start rolling out?

Imperatores

Reaction score
How long will this be in 40 or 42? It would be great if it could cover the tail of a 40l sport coat..

Not every casual jacket needs to be able to cover a sport coat imo. If anything, I hope it's a bit shorter than their standard cut sport coats in the same size. I'm having a hard time picturing a suede safari over a sport coat without it looking strange anyway.

Judging by the sleeve length in relation to body length, it looks shorter than their sport coats to me.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not every casual jacket needs to be able to cover a sport coat imo. If anything, I hope it's a bit shorter than their standard cut sport coats in the same size. I'm having a hard time picturing a suede safari over a sport coat without it looking strange anyway.

Judging by the sleeve length in relation to body length, it looks shorter than their sport coats to me.
I think just that, its a casual jacket that can be dressed up, but personally dressing this type of jacket up could be with a button down shirt, some slacks and a nice pair of shoes. I don't think I'd wear this with a sport coat myself, but to each their own

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that not every casual jacket needs to be able to cover a SC, but very few makers make safari/field jackets that would cover a long SC. There are plenty of options for regular/short field/safari jackets. I would like a long one, hence my question.

Imperatores

Reaction score
I agree that not every casual jacket needs to be able to cover a SC, but very few makers make safari/field jackets that would cover a long SC. There are plenty of options for regular/short field/safari jackets. I would like a long one, hence my question.

No harm in asking, of course. My intention is merely to make my competing preference clear. I feel like a long enough jacket to cover a SC would make it awkwardly long, and I would probably have to pass on it. It would be a real bummer.

Konnor

Reaction score
Jacket, shirt, trousers.
DC1149EB-9160-4DDD-8860-61B54BE6AF12.jpeg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everytime I MTO a safari I always asked for the shortest cut possible. Some safari designs look boxy due to the front 4 pockets hence the need for length so I totally get your preference. But real world usage especially in a hot climate means shorter is better.

cyclemanic

Reaction score
I'm about to put in an order for some MTM shirts. Is the general consensus that a "lightly lined and unfused" collar is the ideal choice for a semi-casual button down shirt? I'm looking to get the C23 large Italian button down collars...

I went for 'lightly lined and unfused' for a brushed oxford cloth and a cotton-linen -- both collars turned out pretty good, and the C23 will give you plenty of roll. I did later specify a 'very lightly lined and unfused' interlining for another cotton-linen and it did feel a bit too floppy.

Then again, this is all rather cloth-dependent.

Most likely this will become your "control" shirt, from which you can further tweak for future purchases.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I MTO a safari I always asked for the shortest cut possible. Some safari designs look boxy due to the front 4 pockets hence the need for length so I totally get your preference. But real world usage especially in a hot climate means shorter is better.

The climate where I live is far from hot. Maybe I also need to MTO and ask for the longest length possible.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any experience with this jacket, or pictures of it in the wild? How's the weight and feel of the fabric?

https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/medium-blue---neapolitan-cut-a250-001-25-4522
My company's security is blocking the link but I'm guessing is the Drago, right? I have that one and I love it. Sadly, when I took it to the tailor, they dismounted the sleeves (don't know why) and they couldn't put them back up the way it should. Rick helped me to fix them. They are a lot better now but still thinking of selling it and grabbing it again.

Now, I told you that cause probably, in the photos I'm going to share, you're not going to like the shoulder or see some creases at the sleeves. But aside from that, the fabric is really great. It's a brushed twill so it kinda looks and feels like a flannel but with less weight. When I bought it, I asked Rick what did he thought of using it for mexican weather and he told me it was going to be perfect since it's not that heavy. He was right, weight it's perfect for the mexican winter. I really think it's a great SC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads