• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
44s was a bit too tight according to them, 46s looks ok and did have plenty of room in the chest near the button. I don't see 46s as an option for any of the suits though at Spier & MacKay
I think you may not need a short size. I’m not very tall (5’7”) and a 38S looks silly on me, so I wear a 38R. You said you’re 5’9”, and I’d bet a 46R would look more classic on you. Keep in mind that SuitSupply dress their models in too-short jackets, and encourage customers to dress that way, too.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you may not need a short size. I’m not very tall (5’7”) and a 38S looks silly on me, so I wear a 38R. You said you’re 5’9”, and I’d bet a 46R would look more classic on you. Keep in mind that SuitSupply dress their models in too-short jackets, and encourage customers to dress that way, too.

Susu's R is actually quite long. Their S is considerably shorter but just perfect for me. But SM's 46 is only available on a Long if I'm not mistaken. Personally I think in this case he may need to check other brands that fit him better otr.

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Susu's R is actually quite long. Their S is considerably shorter but just perfect for me. But SM's 46 is only available on a Long if I'm not mistaken. Personally I think in this case he may need to check other brands that fit him better otr.

I can take a risk and order a 46 and a 44. See how it goes since free return and exchange.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
remember that jacket length increases with size. 46R is about 1.5” longer than 38R.

Lantaman

Reaction score
@SpierTeam
@spiermackay
Dear Spier and Mackay,

I want to purchase the bottoli donegal sportcoat: 600/119-22152-42-CONTEMPORARY

But the code SALE25 does not apply to it. Can you please check what is the reason I cannot apply the code?

Should I ask in comments when I place order that you deduct the discount?

Regards,
Leo

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpierTeam
@spiermackay
Dear Spier and Mackay,

I want to purchase the bottoli donegal sportcoat: 600/119-22152-42-CONTEMPORARY

But the code SALE25 does not apply to it. Can you please check what is the reason I cannot apply the code?

Should I ask in comments when I place order that you deduct the discount?

Regards,
Leo

I would suggest checking out as normal and then email customer service, they will refund any difference owed to you.

I had the same issue in the past but they always rectify afterwards.

storm_will_pass

Reaction score
Does the MTO cloth selection change with seasons? I recall that there was a far greater selection available on the old site - especially the heavy cloths.

quinze

Reaction score
It looks like the old sportcoats that were recently re-added all have the same issue with the code not working. I hope the EThomas Green Texture from S/S 2019 is really available. I was surprised to see this pop up again!

725102-15-1.jpg

I would suggest checking out as normal and then email customer service, they will refund any difference owed to you.

I had the same issue in the past but they always rectify afterwards.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I know the intent behind the post, was just speaking for myself.

Isn't neo a 3r2.5 and not a true 3r2?

That jacket looks great as hell, I'm tempted to buy it. How does it pair with trousers that are: cream, khaki, navy? What about dark jeans?
Not on any of mine.

20190823_182558.jpg

20190504_221638.jpg

20200612_190654.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the old sportcoats that were recently re-added all have the same issue with the code not working. I hope the EThomas Green Texture from S/S 2019 is really available. I was surprised to see this pop up again!

725102-15-1.jpg

This looks great in the web site image but I wonder how true to life they are?

Does anyone have this jacket and can they confirm the accuracy of the web pics?

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very true to life. Lots of texture. A favorite of mine. It honestly was work the $450 asking price

Thank you! Any photos would be greatly appreciated.

I picked this up yesterday as I had my eye on it from the start, but as always - it sold out. Slightly concerned that it may be too similar to another green summer Ethomas I have from another 'supplier of suits'.

Konnor

Reaction score
Thank you! Any photos would be greatly appreciated.

I picked this up yesterday as I had my eye on it from the start, but as always - it sold out. Slightly concerned that it may be too similar to another green summer Ethomas I have from another 'supplier of suits'.
If you don’t want to keep it, I may have to take it off of your hands haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads