• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cr2596

Reaction score
I remember this was mentioned previously, but the green seersucker: tight jacket waist, tight trouser waist, very roomy seat, thigh and legs? Is that right?
Yes to all, other than the trousers waist. I can’t speak to that, as I sized up with the intention of bringing in the waist. I have this suit on now. Get it.

emailstuartm

Reaction score

in relation to the post about the code not applying I had emailed CS in regards to a sport coat where the coupon didn’t apply but wasn’t in the exclusions. Their response was that they would send it to the developer but I could purchase and email them and they would refund the difference.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes to all, other than the trousers waist. I can’t speak to that, as I sized up with the intention of bringing in the waist. I have this suit on now. Get it.

Thanks. I size up on the waist to get more room in the seat and thighs. Maybe this time I can go down a size.

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
I have more green jackets than any other colors. If it's dark enough it's ok for a funeral. How often do you go to a funeral anyway?

Yea 3r2 is the stupidest thing ever introduced to a jacket. Either make it a real 3 button or 2. If you want added sprezz do it through other ways.

So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit. What should I go with Spier and mackay

Last edited:

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Sharkskin has some shine, and "two-tone" here just means subtle crosshatching from two different colours of thread. It's a smooth twill. Denim is a twill, too; that's why your jeans have white threads showing under the blue.

My prediction? You'll get a basic, super-wearable navy suit, realize you love wearing a suit, and then you'll get a green fun one. And then you'll want more.

So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit.

What should I go with Spier & Mackay

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit.

What should I go with Spier & Mackay

Spier’s contemporary fits like the Havana, but with a little extra breathing room. If 46S at SuSu looks good on you, I’d try the same size in Spier.

Last edited:

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Spier’s contemporary fits like the Havana, but with a little extra breathing room. If 46S at SuSu looks good on you, I’d try the same size in Spier.

44s was a bit too tight according to them, 46s looks ok and did have plenty of room in the chest near the button. I don't see 46s as an option for any of the suits though at Spier & MacKay

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went to Suit Supply, they recommended me the 46s and tailor the inch - inch 1/2 for the waist in. Tried the Sienna, lazio, and Havana fit. What should I go with Spier and mackay

Assuming the Havana fits you best, exactly the same size with SM. But I believe the largest short with SM is 40S. Even the non-short Slim goes up only to 42. A Contemporary 46R would need extensive reworks. If there is a Slim 46R, which doesn't show up on the size chart, you can just shorten it.

cr2596

Reaction score
Thanks. I size up on the waist to get more room in the seat and thighs. Maybe this time I can go down a size.
That seems to be the case for these trousers. I brought in the waist and tapered the legs from the thighs down to the cuffs.

I wonder how things will be in the future.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the case for these trousers. I brought in the waist and tapered the legs from the thighs down to the cuffs.

I wonder how things will be in the future.

Slimmed and tapered mine extensively to get it to work but totally worth it. Rick needs to make more colors in this seersucker fabric. I'd get them all.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slimmed and tapered mine extensively to get it to work but totally worth it. Rick needs to make more colors in this seersucker fabric. I'd get them all.

Just dropped mine off at the tailor today, can’t wait to get them back.

my vote for SS21 is a tan minnis seersucker or a minnis cream linen.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Some red with white (errr, natural/cream) and the blue in the check. ???

Attachments

• 20200704_125152.jpg
    20200704_125152.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 105

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just dropped mine off at the tailor today, can’t wait to get them back.

my vote for SS21 is a tan minnis seersucker or a minnis cream linen.

Requesting seersucker tan, cream, some unique blue color perhaps indigo, emerald green. Increase size by 1cm everywhere except length and sleeves. Winners.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics