• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladislav

Reaction score
If it's not noted as Super anything and from low end Filarte then it's probably rough on your skin. Avoid.
Hi Riva,
thanks for precious info.
One question. So even, if it's 110's from Filarte it shall be fine. I mean not super fine, but still acceptable (I'am comparing to 110s Reda, I have from Suitsupply).
Thx.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Riva,
thanks for precious info.
One question. So even, if it's 110's from Filarte it shall be fine. I mean not super fine, but still acceptable (I'am comparing to 110s Reda, I have from Suitsupply).
Thx.

Yes it's all about how fine the wool is. I have the latest SM Filarte Travel suit which is described the same as the Tropical one you're looking at and imo it's the roughest suit I've ever gotten from SM. I don't think it's even S100.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could we have a list for who does and does not look good in neo? That way we know if we should buy more or not? :dozingoff:

Lol. I do not look good in neo. It's too long and too baggy all around on me.

Rotbart

Reaction score
Wondering if the new mocklino Jackets are still being excluded from the sale. The sale email today doesn’t mention them as an exclusion, but the code doesn’t apply to them when you enter it on the site.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to get some insight on the SM cotton dress pants, such as these:

I'm wondering how they wear. I'm looking for an alternative to wool odd trousers to pair with sportcoats. Do they hold a crease? How do they work with cuffs? Sizing, drape, silhouette, etc.? Any info would be helpful from those who own these trousers. Appreciate it.

Last edited:

Konnor

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing I like on Neo is slightly longer length and slightly larger lapels. Everything else is secondary.
I was replying to the Riva guy. He was saying that people post fit pics in neos on here, and they don’t look good. I’d be fine having a neo w/o 3r2. The burgundy check that I’ve posted is basically that.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was replying to the Riva guy. He was saying that people post fit pics in neos on here, and they don’t look good. I’d be fine having a neo w/o 3r2. The burgundy check that I’ve posted is basically that.
Oh I know the intent behind the post, was just speaking for myself.

Isn't neo a 3r2.5 and not a true 3r2?

That jacket looks great as hell, I'm tempted to buy it. How does it pair with trousers that are: cream, khaki, navy? What about dark jeans?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the new mocklino Jackets are still being excluded from the sale. The sale email today doesn’t mention them as an exclusion, but the code doesn’t apply to them when you enter it on the site.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 2.41.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 2.41.01 PM.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 92

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
I have more green jackets than any other colors. If it's dark enough it's ok for a funeral. How often do you go to a funeral anyway?

Yea 3r2 is the stupidest thing ever introduced to a jacket. Either make it a real 3 button or 2. If you want added sprezz do it through other ways.

I only been to one funeral and 3 weddings so far.

I didn't get a chance to go to Suit Supply yesterday, but I am planning on going today soon. They close at 6

Konnor

Reaction score
Oh I know the intent behind the post, was just speaking for myself.

Isn't neo a 3r2.5 and not a true 3r2?

That jacket looks great as hell, I'm tempted to buy it. How does it pair with trousers that are: cream, khaki, navy? What about dark jeans?
I’ve only worn it with grey so far. I’d like to try it with the cream linen sondrio.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember this was mentioned previously, but the green seersucker: tight jacket waist, tight trouser waist, very roomy seat, thigh and legs? Is that right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads