• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should be thankful that someone (me) has been buying a shitload of SM on a whim that I can actually inform others in an open and honest manner about what to get and avoid, the different levels of quality that can be found vs price differences, etc. Hell I probably bought more SM jackets than some influencers here and on IG. I never forced anyone to buy any particular item so chill out. I agree that SM Neo is probably hot right now due to trend / hype (forgetting proper fit as always) but I disagree regarding them never going out of style as I've been in this hobby long enough flipping garments nonstop to know how fast even within CM things change. And no I never commented but many pics of Neo looks bad on the fit pics posted here. Some people just don't have the body to wear a Neo cut.
I bought one in 38R and it fits slightly loose and drapey, which I enjoy.

I noticed it definitely makes me look more "round and full" from a front 3/4 view though. I can imagine the bigger in size someone is, the more exaggerated that look gets.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s more versatile medium brown or light brown sport coat? I’m thinking about the two linens on the site. What color pants can you wear with both?

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dryclean lady told me to stop buying "3 button" jacket because they're out of style. I told her to stop pressing it like a 3 button :butbut:
I am dreading idea of having to bring my neo cut suit to the cleaners for that very reason.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
What’s more versatile medium brown or light brown sport coat? I’m thinking about the two linens on the site. What color pants can you wear with both?
I think medium brown. I have the medium brown Bottoli and it works well with most trouser shades. Lighter blues, darkee blues, mid grays, greens, even very light khaki/tan.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a couple trousers yesterday and they were shipped today. Anyway, MTO Fresco trousers and RTW BD shirt and Sondrio Neo SC. Hopefully I have the body for it ??.
AE25043A-587F-47A8-BEBD-8806710DFF71.jpeg

Ladislav

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would have a question in regards to woolen materials. Some of suits wools are marked as “s” type and some of the like in case of Spier’s light grey tropical suit does not have this attribute in regards to the used material. I mostly had experience, that the “s”(fine) type wools does not itch me/irritates my legs skin - mostly in summer version of clothes. On the other hand, the frescos I recently bought do have this itchy nature.
I was considering to buy for instance this tropical wool suit, https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/light-gray-tropical-10058-0301-2112-f1h1-ss20-749
,but I’m bit unsure about, how it’s gonna be like, considering the above said.

Have no experience with this type of merino wool from Filarte mill.
Thanks for the hints.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would have a question in regards to woolen materials. Some of suits wools are marked as “s” type and some of the like in case of Spier’s light grey tropical suit does not have this attribute in regards to the used material. I mostly had experience, that the “s”(fine) type wools does not itch me/irritates my legs skin - mostly in summer version of clothes. On the other hand, the frescos I recently bought do have this itchy nature.
I was considering to buy for instance this tropical wool suit, https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/light-gray-tropical-10058-0301-2112-f1h1-ss20-749
,but I’m bit unsure about, how it’s gonna be like, considering the above said.

Have no experience with this type of merino wool from Filarte mill.
Thanks for the hints.

If it's not noted as Super anything and from low end Filarte then it's probably rough on your skin. Avoid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics