• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally my turn to show off the Drago windowpane MTO. I love the cloth and the adjustments in general but the Drago patch is missing.

Also, here comes the rant: the pockets are sewn complete shut again, not the type you can find an opening at either end and open it slowly. They’re completely shut and I can’t help damaging some damage in the process to open it.

This is not the first time this happened. I felt like OTR is done better than MTO in this aspect. And to be honest, it’s quite frustrating to deal with this after waiting a long time for the jacket. I don’t think I will be buying anymore MTO till they sort this out.

5569AD16-F457-482B-8F33-167941CF3230.jpeg

CFC4BE70-EB62-4FD5-BDC9-8F52A091C03E.jpeg

028B6AF7-9A07-4B23-A62B-A403F851893B.jpeg

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally my turn to show off the Drago windowpane MTO. I love the cloth and the adjustments in general but the Drago patch is missing.

Also, here comes the rant: the pockets are sewn complete shut again, not the type you can find an opening at either end and open it slowly. They’re completely shut and I can’t help damaging some damage in the process to open it.

This is not the first time this happened. I felt like OTR is done better than MTO in this aspect. And to be honest, it’s quite frustrating to deal with this after waiting a long time for the jacket. I don’t think I will be buying anymore MTO till they sort this out.

View attachment 1417125
Colour is much more rich than I thought.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
The neapolitan thing us something primarily style bros care about. Most people that aren't into menswear don't notice the features. They just see a suit.

True, most people won't be able to say exactly how it's different or even that it's different. But it'll seem "off" to your average white collar wage slave, who is notoriously prone to the Dunning-Kruger effect. This might or might not be important to the OP, however.

On the other hand, assuming the fit is right any suit connoisseur will think you look pretty dapper.

My dryclean lady told me to stop buying "3 button" jacket because they're out of style. I told her to stop pressing it like a 3 button :butbut:
And then there's that! ?

Canlad

Reaction score
My dryclean lady told me to stop buying "3 button" jacket because they're out of style. I told her to stop pressing it like a 3 button :butbut:
That's not really the same thing. She's handling the jacket. At a glance a neapolitan suit just looks like a suit to the majority of people.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At an engagement party tonight, the groom-to-be brushed my shoulder and then pointed to his and said "I'm glad we both have puffy shoulders. Now people don't look at me like I'm the crazy one here!"

He had some aggressive spalla camicia going on with a boldly-lapeled DB suit. I wish I had asked him who the maker was.

All this is to underscore that this was the first time anybody's ever noticed that detail in a positive way. I've had people tell me I need to find a new tailor before, but nobody who really notices shoulder shirring positively.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any real life pics of the “blue hatch texture” zignone Suit?

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the best way, or most original or creative, but I like to find pictures of people I respect (their clothing sensibilities) and try to emulate them. All these options lie in a relatively narrow bandwidth - most of the differences will depend on what you're going for and personal taste. Perhaps start by finding what you want to look like, and go from there.

As for sizing, take advantage of their free return shipping for your first suit/jacket purchase. YMMV, it's unlikely someone will be able to provide detailed information that will lead to the correct size. If they do, it's probably more luck than expertise. Order some sizes, try some stuff on take some fit pics, post them here or the "tailors" thread to get more nuanced insight to sizing.

Unfortunately, your state government has failed the public fantastically so normally I'd say since you live in Houston, go to S*itsupply on Westheimer and try on some jackets to get an idea. There is a lot of history in this thread of matching sizes. Until then, GL in your journey.

Edit: not advocating purchasing from S*itsupply - just to find sizing. I'm S&M all the way, don't get the wrong idea.

I might go to Suit Supply tomorrow if I am in the area. Previously the suits were final sale, but now they are not anymore for some reason. Still I know free shipping and exchange, just don't want to waste too much of their money on shipping.

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
Great questions. For colour, you’ll be happiest with something dark, because it’s more formal and also more class and less flash. For quality you’ll find Spier and MacKay to be above and beyond anything at a similar price. For fit, the Spier contemporary is the most forgiving. If you ask, they can sometimes swap out the pants for a different size. So if you can fit a 42 jacket you aren’t stuck with too-tight 36 pants.

That Blue Mix Sharkskin is lovely and super classic. And @pickergc is right about using the first-time free returns policy. It’s designed with you in mind.

Thank you.

I read up a little on Sharkskin and it is supposed to be a two tone and have a sheen to it? Not sure exactly the pictures and video I can't really see anything that much different vs a solid colour suit. The sheen makes it sound kind of spiffy, but guess I have to see it in person? They don't look really two tone anymore than a regular solid colour on pictures online from what I can see. The Spier and MacKay suits were on final sale when I looked last week and now they are not with 25% off and now I am more tempted for that. I realized I never got my sleeve measured by my local tailor to find out sleeve length. I am probably gonna return the J. Crew one I ordered.

If anything and didn't need one to be very versatile I would much prefer a green toned suit. Green is literally my favourite colour.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

I read up a little on Sharkskin and it is supposed to be a two tone and have a sheen to it? Not sure exactly the pictures and video I can't really see anything that much different vs a solid colour suit.

Sharkskin has some shine, and "two-tone" here just means subtle crosshatching from two different colours of thread. It's a smooth twill. Denim is a twill, too; that's why your jeans have white threads showing under the blue.

If anything and didn't need one to be very versatile I would much prefer a green toned suit. Green is literally my favourite colour.

My prediction? You'll get a basic, super-wearable navy suit, realize you love wearing a suit, and then you'll get a green fun one. And then you'll want more.

Last edited:

ezev

Reaction score
purchased the Guabello hopsack separates as my one and only suit. Bought on Monday, expected delivery to Europe by next Tuesday. Quite expedient I will say. I bought a sweatshirt from Spier last October and it took 2 months to arrive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads