• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Formal fresco
B2791DBF-FD44-4C43-A9DF-2BC8B8D71E6D.jpeg

tnjed

Reaction score
Any idea who makes the pocket square that accompanies the blue washed cotton jacket on the website?

gianm

Reaction score
If you are on the fence with the green seersucker you should just pull the trigger. Don’t end up with regrets with this one.

View attachment 1400834

I returned mine because of sizing being a bit off, but I keep looking at it again and again. Personally, I'd love if the actual green shade was closer to this picture.

Ladislav

Reaction score
Hi guys, as I start to play with idea to broaden my S&M palette of products with a suit/sport coat, I do think about hitting the proper size. With height of 178 cm and 105 chest, I do not know, where to point to exactly. I have 80 kgs. With SuSu, I wear 50. What would your suggestions be like?
I wear S&M shirts in 16 Slim and trousers 34 contemporary.
Any advise, highly appreciated.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice tie too
Cheers. Diana and Gerald (unsure if I'm allowed to plug a fellow AV/theoretical competitor) know a thing or two about good ties.
have you worn the jacket when the weather was hot and stuffy? Does fresco really make a huge difference?
Huge? Depends on your body/climate, to be honest. I wore this to a (mercifully) indoor wedding in the south last August. Was perfectly doable indoors, but I would have been feeling the heat had it been outdoors. I've also worn it on a passably decent NYC day last July, and I survived the day without turning into a sweaty mess. It is certainly more breathable than a typical wool of similar weight, which helps, but I think at a certain point wearing a suit (particularly the jacket) is going to be uncomfortable, particularly if you're outside frequently and dealing with crap (read: humid) weather. For my money, I'd say linen & linen/cotton shirts are your best bet when the weather is really grimy.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, as I start to play with idea to broaden my S&M palette of products with a suit/sport coat, I do think about hitting the proper size. With height of 178 cm and 106 chest, I do not know, where to point to exactly. I have 80 kgs. With SuSu, I wear 50. What would your suggestions be like?
I wear S&M shirts in 16 Slim and trousers 34 contemporary.
Any advise, highly appreciated.
There are different Suitsupply models. With a 106 cm chest I am surprised that you find size 50 SuSu a good fit; it must fit fairly closely on you. Best advice is to look up the measurements for the SS jacket that best fits you and compare to the measurements for the S&M jackets.

Ladislav

Reaction score
There are different Suitsupply models. With a 106 cm chest I am surprised that you find size 50 SuSu a good fit; it must fit fairly closely on you. Best advice is to look up the measurements for the SS jacket that best fits you and compare to the measurements for the S&M jackets.

I’m also quite surprised, that it goes. I have 2 linen Havana suits in 50 and one 110s Napoli in 50. But really, my chest is 106 and the fit is not super relaxed but neither super tight. It’s alright, so far.

Ahree

Reaction score
Was a warm try on today, as I got my size 36 black peacoat! I know this is a bit longer than a traditional peacoat, but how long should it be? It seems to be hitting me a tad above mid thigh, but shoulders and sleeve length seem good. Opinions please

Fits you well in the shoulders, sleeves & waist

Ladislav

Reaction score
Had to correct myself. Lastly riding a lot on a road bike, I got just 104-105 chest. But guess, that does not make huge difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads