• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey folks, got two of the polo’s in package 2/3 this week from Spier and wondering how it fits. Size is Small, also seems too wide on waist but seems to fit elsewhere. Opinions?
Depends if you like the wider cut. Doesn't look bad, just looser fitting.
I preferred last year's slimmer cut, but obviously people were looking for a wider cut or they wouldn't have changed.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends if you like the wider cut. Doesn't look bad, just looser fitting.
I preferred last year's slimmer cut, but obviously people were looking for a wider cut or they wouldn't have changed.
Eh, if the sleeve length and shirt length are good I will probably keep it instead of sizing down and live with the boxy fit. My chest is 36" but waist is about 27-28" so a steep drop. Wish it was a bit trimmer, or maybe have a slim and contemporary polo, but I may need to get it tapered eventually as the quality seems nice

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, got two of the polo’s in package 2/3 this week from Spier and wondering how it fits. Size is Small, also seems too wide on waist but seems to fit elsewhere. Opinions?

The collar looks a bit too large. You could try XS, but it might be tight in the shoulders. 2020 polos are cut in contemporary fit, as opposed to slim fit in previous seasons.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The collar looks a bit too large. You could try XS, but it might be tight in the shoulders. 2020 polos are cut in contemporary fit, as opposed to slim fit in previous seasons.
Kinda. Comparing 15.5C to M, chest/waist/shoulder is 44/40/18.5 vs 42.9/40.5/18.1
Slim is roughly 1.5" narrower across the board.
So, slim shoulders and chest, contemp waist...or it's a 15C with even more waist.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is just the fact it is unbuttoned and they are button down collars. When I button the polo all the way up, there is basically only enough room for two fingers to get in and that's it. That is how it should be right?

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is just the fact it is unbuttoned and they are button down collars. When I button the polo all the way up, there is basically only enough room for two fingers to get in and that's it. That is how it should be right?

Could be just a photo angle. Two fingers is just fine for a casual shirt. If it looks good to you, do not worry.

nnnnick

Reaction score
It’s weird that the factory hasn’t been creasing them but it’s not a big deal to just quickly do. I spent 5 mins doing the seersucker since they are cotton and needed a press anyway.

If anyone wants a really detailed ironing tutorial for pleated trousers, I came across this one the other day.

I like cotton or linen trousers uncreased before altering as altering may shift the crease from center and you will have to make a new one but with visible traces of old crease. Also as my right leg a little bit "twisted" so the default center crease falls not at the center of the right shoe but a little to the right.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be just a photo angle. Two fingers is just fine for a casual shirt. If it looks good to you, do not worry.
After deciding all day, I think I am going to exchange them for an XS with the normal shirt collar if they allow. Top button is always unbuttoned on my polo's anyways

jrdngr

Reaction score
After deciding all day, I think I am going to exchange them for an XS with the normal shirt collar if they allow. Top button is always unbuttoned on my polo's anyways
Keep in mind they shrink in length too after washing a couple times.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind they shrink in length too after washing a couple times.
Yea, may have to deal with that, but cotton normally shrinks in length and not in width and I can pinch a bit over 2" in the sides currently. Worst case scenario they'll be a hand wash every few wears which shouldn't shrink them much.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay will there ever be a more narrow spread OCBD option? More details here for measurements, it's a J. Press collar

Spex

Reaction score
Interested in picking up some green cotton trousers. Current options include 100% cotton dress trousers, stretch cotton, washed cotton and chinos. If anyone has an opinion, I’d love to hear it. Something that could work with a sport coat is a plus.

Leaning towards the washed cotton, esp. if matching sportcoats are on their way, although the site pics seem to look somewhat brown in tone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads