• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the denim brown cotton/linen pants. Color looks more gray than brown imo. Cool fabric but 2 things that bother me:

1/No belt loop for the extended waistband
2/ For pleated pant, surprisingly it’s not creased ?

View attachment 1399155
Is that a party color actuate pic?

I don't use the loops on mine anyway; never had any issues with the closure shifting and looks cleaner without them.

I'm surprised how much not being factory creased seems to be a hang up with people; do y'all not crease your own clothes after washing?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't use the loops on mine anyway; never had any issues with the closure shifting and looks cleaner without them.

I'm surprised how much not being factory creased seems to be a hang up with people; do y'all not crease your own clothes after washing?
Even washing and lining up the seams at the hems creates a soft crease when putting up on a hanger.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s weird that the factory hasn’t been creasing them but it’s not a big deal to just quickly do. I spent 5 mins doing the seersucker since they are cotton and needed a press anyway.

If anyone wants a really detailed ironing tutorial for pleated trousers, I came across this one the other day.

jtking

Reaction score
I picked this up on sale with a 25% off. with a handful of other items. I’m new to S&M and assuming this was last season. Really impressed with quality and fit. Love fabric and lapels. Again really impressed with the value.

honestly if it wasn’t for what I just mentioned above I probably wouldn’t buy again though. The website was beyond glitchy and frustrating at multiple points. Processing/Shipping was very slow. And received out of stock notification after purchase. Which wouldn’t have been cool if I had bought other items strictly based around that now OOS item. Seems like a great company that could be turned off by potential guest.

I can say Customer Service was quick. And I was relieved by that.

A thought that comes to mind... Is the juice worth the squeeze? As of right now... sure. But when does the honeymoon end. Lol or does it ever?

Am I by myself on this? Has anyone else had a similar experience

ABA0DF09-2B1D-4DB5-9D1F-446BE3BA2076.jpeg

Ahree

Reaction score
Got the denim brown cotton/linen pants. Color looks more gray than brown imo. Cool fabric but 2 things that bother me:

1/No belt loop for the extended waistband
2/ For pleated pant, surprisingly it’s not creased ?

View attachment 1399155
Fabric looks like it has rich character. The lack of belt loops on many of the recent trousers irks me too. Loopless waistbands should only be for formal wear. Since when do regular dress pants dispense with belts?

Ahree

Reaction score
Side tabs are a cleaner look and add a more seamless silhouette.
I definitely agree. It can certainly be quite flattering. But it seems a bit out of place on a more rustic & casual fabric like cotton / linen. In my view, loopless waistbands are more appropriate on smoother, more luxurious fabrics.

carterjones

Reaction score
I definitely agree. It can certainly be quite flattering. But it seems a bit out of place on a more rustic & casual fabric like cotton / linen. In my view, loopless waistbands are more appropriate on smoother, more luxurious fabrics.
I don't think it's really inappropriate on less formal odd-trousers. I think for chinos or jeans, you should definitely have belt loops, but a pair of odd trousers to pair with a sportjacket do well to have either loops or tabs in my opinion.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's personal prefences IMO. I don't like loops in general so I'm biased against them. The only things I don't have side tabs on are chinos and jeans.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeh. that's the actual color pretty much, maybe more small hint of brown but from afar I'd guess it's a gray.

I just feel like the loop for extended waistband adds some aesthetics to it, I've owned some without and they don't bother me but I also have seen those with loop so the inconsistency made me wondering.

I crease my pants too but those come pre creased are much much easier and require less work to do so than those that are not. What bothered me is the online picture showed they're creased.

Fabric looks like it has rich character. The lack of belt loops on many of the recent trousers irks me too. Loopless waistbands should only be for formal wear. Since when do regular dress pants dispense with belts?

I'd say that only for one loop for the extended closure because it adds structure to it. Other than that, I'd go with side tabs every time, even with chinos if I have a choice. They present a much cleaner look without the visual effect of dividing your body. But to each of its own, just my personal preference ever since I was introduced to side tabs as I generally also don't like belts, it's hard to find a perfectly fitting belt.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeh. that's the actual color pretty much, maybe more small hint of brown but from afar I'd guess it's a gray.

I just feel like the loop for extended waistband adds some aesthetics to it, I've owned some without and they don't bother me but I also have seen those with loop so the inconsistency made me wondering.

I crease my pants too but those come pre creased are much much easier and require less work to do so than those that are not. What bothered me is the online picture showed they're creased.

I'd say that only for one loop for the extended closure because it adds structure to it. Other than that, I'd go with side tabs every time, even with chinos if I have a choice. They present a much cleaner look without the visual effect of dividing your body. But to each of its own, just my personal preference ever since I was introduced to side tabs as I generally also don't like belts, it's hard to find a perfectly fitting belt.
It's nice, but I'm having a hard time mentally incorporating in with my clothes. I'll be interested to see how they pair with things.

The inconsistency I understand.

Fair point, again inconsistency.

I also agree with the cleaner look of side tabs. I continued to wear the same pants through my SiP, with the exception of not wearing bow ties and belts. I really kinda liked skipping the belt. Visually cleaner and also was one less thing to coordinate. I knew I liked it anyway from the side tab pairs I do have

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, got two of the polo’s in package 2/3 this week from Spier and wondering how it fits. Size is Small, also seems too wide on waist but seems to fit elsewhere. Opinions?

Attachments

• 8A7A4C36-84C9-4BF5-BC50-66EDA038F684.jpeg
    8A7A4C36-84C9-4BF5-BC50-66EDA038F684.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 150

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads