• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFK-esque

Reaction score
Yes to both.

The Higher Rise trouser was updated this season after all the complaints of the leg being too narrow on the contemporary from last year, especially on the calf.

The Seersucker is about 1/2" larger than spec from the lower thigh down. (Knee for 34 should be 19.5, compared to 20" on the seersucker)

Now compared to the contemporary of the past, where the complaints were, the knee was 18.75"

19.5" is appropriate.

The Sondrio High Rise that came in is on spec.
So the linen jacket and pants should hit the happy medium?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gents in Toronto. Our DT and Mississauga shops will be open again from tomorrow on an appointment only basis for the next while.

Please book your appointment here: https://www.spierandmackay.com/Appointment

Face masks, gloves, sanitizer will be provided and following a regimented cleaning policy to keep every one as safe as possible. Staff will have face shields as well.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay thoughts on linen pants with a looser weave?

the shirts are great in terms of breathability, drying, and feeling that breeze.

the linen pants I've bought are pretty sweaty and don't feel that different from cotton. The only benefit is they rumple elegantly.

I do know that there is the risk of this with linen that's too light and open.

:00

:15 Fifteen seconds later, simply by breathing, it begins.

:15

:30 Slight bending of knee causes catastrophic wrinkling.

:30

:45 What the **** just happened?

:45

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay thoughts on linen pants with a looser weave?

the shirts are great in terms of breathability, drying, and feeling that breeze.

the linen pants I've bought are pretty sweaty and don't feel that different from cotton. The only benefit is they rumple elegantly.

I do know that there is the risk of this with linen that's too light and open.

:00

:15 Fifteen seconds later, simply by breathing, it begins.

:15

:30 Slight bending of knee causes catastrophic wrinkling.

:30

:45 What the **** just happened?

:45

What pants are these? Which linen pants did you pick up from us?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What pants are these? Which linen pants did you pick up from us?

Those pants are just a meme making fun of linen.

They were the standard 100% linen in navy from I think 2 or 3 summers ago. I love the pants, but I don't find the breathability to be very different from cotton compared to the pure linen shirts.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was poking my chest out a little bit as I was looking upwards in the pic. That might be the culprit. I did notice that in the the front pic but the suit normally doesn’t look tight or bow at the lapel unless I poke my my chest out. But I could be wrong
View attachment 1397637
After looking at this pics, I don't know why you want to return it? :oops: A tailor could clean the excess of the shoulder blades but since this is RTW, I think it looks great.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After looking at this pics, I don't know why you want to return it? :oops: A tailor could clean the excess of the shoulder blades but since this is RTW, I think it looks great.
Agreed. "look tight or bow at the lapel" isn't the intended fit.

espen

Reaction score
Gents in Toronto. Our DT and Mississauga shops will be open again from tomorrow on an appointment only basis for the next while.

Please book your appointment here: https://www.spierandmackay.com/Appointment

Face masks, gloves, sanitizer will be provided and following a regimented cleaning policy to keep every one as safe as possible. Staff will have face shields as well.

Does this include bringing stuff by for alterations?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads