• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give @SJR3 some slack. It must make him a little sad when no one agrees with his opinion on length. I’m sure he will share his personal fit pics as usual and give us insight on why his opinion holds so much value on this forum.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea got my green seersucker and it's like a true 1 size smaller than labelled. Doesn't help either that the fabric has little stretch. I'm at my slimmest ever and I still need to let out the waist. Not sure if I can live with the tightness around the chest as well. Did SM suddenly change factory or the usual workers didn't come because of Covid in China? There are a lot of loose threads also. The pants are wider on the thigh but tighter on the waist which is in line with my 1 size smaller comment. Will all new SM jacket/suit follow this cut? If so I have to use contemp or size up. And yea SM jackets can do with slimmer sleeves for the slim cut as I always have to tailor them.
Isn’t your jacket already a contemporary? I thought that’s all they had available this time around.

Anyways, i agree with everything you mentioned on fit. Jacket fits smaller and shoulders even feel more narrow. I’m sure some of this is due to the suit being Cotton but there definitely is a difference in cut compared to my other Neo’s in the same size. Trousers also fit different and are way roomier than my other ones in the thighs

Canlad

Reaction score
Give @SJR3 some slack. It must make him a little sad when no one agrees with his opinion on length. I’m sure he will share his personal fit pics as usual and give us insight on why his opinion holds so much value on this forum.
I'm unconcerned with his opinion, I'm a contrarian in a lot of ways, too. It's the way he asserts his preferences as absolutes that's annoying. It doesn't matter though, he's on the ignore list as I've yet to see him say anything that I would miss.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that you have short arms is throwing off the less-than-discerning among us. If you look at where the bottom of your jacket bisects your body, it's easy to see that your jacket is too short. Don't let the handful of optically stunted SF geezers convince you that your jacket length is acceptable, because it clearly is not.

Aren't you the mom's-basement-dwelling loser that commented on Burzan's facial hair? For a guy who's so sad-looking as to share his own pictures, you have a lot to say.

pickergc

Reaction score
Got my green seersucker today and same as the others the jacket is rather slim. Do you guys get the back seam let out or side seams? Has anyone done both at the same time? The 1.25” or so in the back seam may not cut it for this one...

tried on the fresco from last year to compare.
4CD54372-7F36-482F-959A-F10E0E162A8B.jpeg
B701313F-B720-43CE-A0D5-6717C767C8BC.jpeg

6AC2AD5F-E6A1-494E-A18D-BEF7E88F7174.jpeg
E515DE5D-68F2-4963-9AA1-C3C88B64B3DF.jpeg

cr2596

Reaction score
Im curious where to let it out, as well. The back is pretty damn clean for me, don’t want to mess that up.

Ladislav

Reaction score
The fact that you have short arms is throwing off the less-than-discerning among us. If you look at where the bottom of your jacket bisects your body, it's easy to see that your jacket is too short. Don't let the handful of optically stunted SF geezers convince you that your jacket length is acceptable, because it clearly is not.

let me say it loud...I mean, like “are U fucked up dude”? I saw many things, but saying it’s too short, is a bit too exaggerated. Like wake up.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there talk earlier in the year about some chambray shirts coming this summer?
Or maybe that was just a pleasant day dream?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Got my green seersucker today and same as the others the jacket is rather slim. Do you guys get the back seam let out or side seams? Has anyone done both at the same time? The 1.25” or so in the back seam may not cut it for this one...

View attachment 1396895 View attachment 1396896

View attachment 1396897 View attachment 1396898

I can just picture the vein throbbing in the "wear some shoes!" guy's temple right now... :colgate:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1396895 View attachment 1396896

View attachment 1396897 View attachment 1396898
fer sure the blue is a better fit
but man, the Army green color of this year's seersucker is a winner, and great with a blue shirt! :cheers:

Guys who got the blue striped seersucker separates, are they running slim as well?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads