• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Konnor

Reaction score
Would washing a shirt with C21 collars help to lay the collar down? I'd like to get it to the point where it is naturally rolling with the curvature it follows. This example from @vriche is what I'm looking to achieve.

1590637903244.png

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would washing a shirt with C21 collars help to lay the collar down? I'd like to get it to the point where it is naturally rolling with the curvature it follows. This example from @vriche is what I'm looking to achieve.

View attachment 1396477
I think I know what you mean, some of my S&M shirts have had that issue where the collar point would just not lay flat. They eventually settled down after multiple washes. I never had that issue with my custom shirts though which is what this one is.

Konnor

Reaction score
I think I know what you mean, some of my S&M shirts have had that issue where the collar point would just not lay flat. They eventually settled down after multiple washes. I never had that issue with my custom shirts though which is what this one is.
Straight from the source. I have a few of the new purple label shirts that come with C21s and all of the collars float off the shirt a good bit. I'm going to wash them a couple of times to see if they'll lie flat.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straight from the source. I have a few of the new purple label shirts that come with C21s and all of the collars float off the shirt a good bit. I'm going to wash them a couple of times to see if they'll lie flat.
That should do the trick. Mines took about 4-5 washes if I recall.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea got my green seersucker and it's like a true 1 size smaller than labelled. Doesn't help either that the fabric has little stretch. I'm at my slimmest ever and I still need to let out the waist. Not sure if I can live with the tightness around the chest as well. Did SM suddenly change factory or the usual workers didn't come because of Covid in China? There are a lot of loose threads also. The pants are wider on the thigh but tighter on the waist which is in line with my 1 size smaller comment. Will all new SM jacket/suit follow this cut? If so I have to use contemp or size up. And yea SM jackets can do with slimmer sleeves for the slim cut as I always have to tailor them.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one. I rather not to have to take shirts to a tailor since I would just opt for MTM. I took a picture comparing the CT shirt sleeve with the S&M shirt underneath Both are 15.5" collar. S&M easily has another 2" of fabric on the sleeve
View attachment 1396463

What fit CT shirt is that, a classic, slim or extra slim?
Same with the S&M shirt? Is it Contemporary, slim or extra slim?

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
Recieved my MTM suit yesterday. Fabric is the standard mid grey with no maker listed as far as I could see. Decided to change the quarters from neapolitan to standard.

View attachment 1396530

Would you guys say the jacket is a good length? Apologies if the picture is too dark.
Jacket looks like the perfect length.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Recieved my MTM suit yesterday. Fabric is the standard mid grey with no maker listed as far as I could see. Decided to change the quarters from neapolitan to standard.

View attachment 1396530

Would you guys say the jacket is a good length? Apologies if the picture is too dark.

Jacket looks short and you should have stuck with the open quarters.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Length is good. Definitely not looking too long.

The fact that you have short arms is throwing off the less-than-discerning among us. If you look at where the bottom of your jacket bisects your body, it's easy to see that your jacket is too short. Don't let the handful of optically stunted SF geezers convince you that your jacket length is acceptable, because it clearly is not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics