• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not the most intuitive or common way to do things. Most checkout systems show the fields directly on the same page when you choose the "Credit Card" option.

@spiermackay Maybe you can have the developer add a note that payment will be made after you place your order? Or maybe change "Place Order Now" for "Go to Payment" or something more explicit.

Good points. We'll look into that. The the way it's set up now is much more secure as it goes directly to the payment processor page (the company who handles payments for us), rather than payment through our server. It's an added step of security and actually cuts down CC fraud.

TomR77

Reaction score
I didn't size up, for a topcoat, and also regret it. I don't suppose this is something a tailor can address?

Definitely size up if you plan to wear a sc or even cardigan or small pullover. I didn't size up and kind of regret it. It's as snug as Danie Craig's stuff in the recent James bonds :p it looks good but not very practical when you have difficulties in bending your elbow :p

zewill

Reaction score
I didn't size up, for a topcoat, and also regret it. I don't suppose this is something a tailor can address?

You would need to check if there is enough material. I doubt it for the sleeves it could create an issue at armscye. For the price paid it would probably end up costing the same price as the coat so for me it's not worth it.
The instrutions should've said to size up, period.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about bringing back the cotton-linens in solids and bengal stripes? I reckon those must have sold rather well -- would like to pick up a couple I missed out on
I've found now that I prefer cotton-linen blends vs 100% linen now. I like the structure the cotton provides.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First navy suit, guess it was about time.
Trousers need some cleaning up since they are sized up for leg room, typically need to take in the waist about 1.5”. Otherwise it’s feeling pretty good.

View attachment 1304250

Are you happy with your suit? Are the shoulders padded? Any roping? I hate shoulder padding and roping. Thanks!

Spex

Reaction score
Received my first ever sport coat today in the mail since going on my wardrobe change in September. Love the lightweight Drago wool/linen fabric. Size is 36R. I think it fits me perfectly, opinions?

I snagged this very same jacket during one of the recent sales. I had been eyeing it since last summer and had tried it on in store. I really like the cloth.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Olive linen arrived today. Love it. Greener than site pics indicate (not overly so though). My pics look as brown as Spier's, so I can't give you true color pics.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3365.JPG

Finally got my delivery and the suit I was most excited about has a bad lapel (photo right). The fold goes well below the button hole and seems to be firmly ingrained in that position. First saw it and had to double check that it wasn't a 32roll.

Now out of stock in my size. Doesn't look good buttoned or unbuttoned. Kind of surprised something like this got through QC but I guess with a quick glance over it could be missed.

Thoughts? Return it? @spiermackay

Link to stock photo of button area https://www.spierandmackay.com/files/catalog/PRODUCT_IMAGES/2458R-183-3-2152-3.jpg

Last edited:

jrdngr

Reaction score
Finally got my delivery and the suit I was most excited about has a bad lapel (photo right). The fold goes well below the button hole and seems to be firmly ingrained in that position. First saw it and had to double check that it wasn't a 32roll.

Now out of stock in my size. Doesn't look good buttoned or unbuttoned. Kind of surprised something like this got through QC but I guess with a quick glance over it could be missed.

Thoughts? Return it? @spiermackay

Link to stock photo of button area https://www.spierandmackay.com/files/catalog/PRODUCT_IMAGES/2458R-183-3-2152-3.jpg

I'm not an expert at all, but my dry cleaner has fixed lapel rolls for me before.

cr2596

Reaction score
Got my seersucker. Potato pics for now.

C2CCDBED-BD54-474D-9E4F-B6C7ED5C50FD.jpeg
4D18D25F-6050-4935-AB0B-D0F50171DBF2.jpeg

Immediate thoughts on my 38L x 32 Contemporary:

-Crisper hand than I expected, not a complaint, per se.
-Trousers are very full throughout. Much more so than the Drago suit trousers of the same size that arrived a couple days before.
-Jacket is the slimmest waist I’ve seen from S&M on a 38. I have brought in 38 Slim jackets’ waists before. This Contemporary needs to come out a bit.
-Seersucker effect could easily be missed from afar. Green cotton is how it reads from distance.
-Couple QC notes in case they matter: jacket pressed to top button (I pressed the lapels a bit to allow for the roll), and the trousers were not pressed with a center seam, even with the pleat.
-Love the color and the suit in general. Will take some tailoring, but It’s going to be a great suit that’ll work in a large range of settings, for my purposes.
-Pumped

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-Jacket is the slimmest waist I’ve seen from S&M on a 38. I have brought in 38 Slim jackets’ waists before. This Contemporary needs to come out a bit.

I agree. I will post my own photos tomorrow, but my 38R Contemporary is very slim in the waist and has me considering sizing up, but I fear the shoulders won't fit right if I do. I'll post my own photos tomorrow including a comparison with another 38R Contemporary jacket in the Napolitan cut.

-Couple QC notes in case they matter: jacket pressed to top button

Same here.

-Love the color and the suit in general.

Same here. I think it will make a nice casual suit that I can see myself wearing to the office on Fridays, but the slimness of the waist presents a potential problem.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you happy with your suit? Are the shoulders padded? Any roping? I hate shoulder padding and roping. Thanks!

I am quite happy with the suit, it's the full canvas neapolitan so it doesn't have any shoulder padding.

Got my seersucker. Potato pics for now.

View attachment 1395880 View attachment 1395881

Immediate thoughts on my 38L x 32 Contemporary:

-Crisper hand than I expected, not a complaint, per se.
-Trousers are very full throughout. Much more so than the Drago suit trousers of the same size that arrived a couple days before.
-Seersucker effect could easily be missed from afar. Green cotton is how it reads from distance.
-Couple QC notes in case they matter: jacket pressed to top button (I pressed the lapels a bit to allow for the roll), and the trousers were not pressed with a center seam, even with the pleat.
-Love the color and the suit in general. Will take some tailoring, but It’s going to be a great suit that’ll work in a large range of settings, for my purposes.
-Pumped

Looks great! weird that they didn't press a crease in the trousers. UPS has told me mine was arriving for the last two days now but hasn't shown up. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Reaction score
I have a linen shirt arriving in a couple days that I’m super excited about. This is my first shirt from S&M and I will post pics when I get it.

Dastan Zanganah

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads