• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuxLemon

Reaction score
I am no expert and it is hard to tell fully from the pic, but you may benefit from going one size up IMO. What size is this suit you are wearing?

This is a size 42L contemporary with size 34 pants. My apologies for the blurry pics

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LuxLemon

Reaction score
Shoulders are fine. You have VERY square shoulders. An experienced tailor can clean that up. The fit otherwise looks fairly good.

Thanks for that. I'm always unsure how much "shoulder divot" there should be when arms are raised.

How much room is there to take out the waist on the pants? They are pretty tight but I'm also sitting with an extra 5-7 quarantine pounds

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm always unsure how much "shoulder divot" there should be when arms are raised.

How much room is there to take out the waist on the pants? They are pretty tight but I'm also sitting with an extra 5-7 quarantine pounds

If you are looking for divots when moving your arms you are almost always going to find some. The shoulder pad doesn't move but the fabric will, causing a divot. The concern would be if there is a divot when standing relaxed.

1.5" inside the waist to let out.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first ever sport coat today in the mail since going on my wardrobe change in September. Love the lightweight Drago wool/linen fabric. Size is 36R. I think it fits me perfectly, opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 134

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay pls let me give money.

is the MTM shirt factory opened again yet? will there be any new fabrics?

Yes open now. At half capacity. Should be back to full capacity first week of June.

What fabrics are you looking for? We have to do another round of buying to stock back up.

jrdngr

Reaction score
Received my first ever sport coat today in the mail since going on my wardrobe change in September. Love the lightweight Drago wool/linen fabric. Size is 36R. I think it fits me perfectly, opinions?
Looks great. See how the sleeve lands when you have a dress shirt on, maybe shorten the sleeve just a tad to let the shirt cuff show.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. See how the sleeve lands when you have a dress shirt on, maybe shorten the sleeve just a tad to let the shirt cuff show.
yup, don't know any tailors local to me, but will probably need to get the sleeves shortened .25"-0.5" for some cuff. Otherwise, think it fits great OTR

Contango

Reaction score
Yes open now. At half capacity. Should be back to full capacity first week of June.

What fabrics are you looking for? We have to do another round of buying to stock back up.
How about some regular Thomas Mason in staples (white/pale blue poplin/twill) as well as the wrinkle-resistant you have at present?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More casual fabrics overall.

OTR selection of regular and lightweight oxfords is bigger than MTM for example.

Denim shirt fabrics would be nice, lack of puckered/faded seams doesn't matter to me.

The speckled oxford I saw last month is also gone. Herringbone fabrics from last year seemed nice as well.

I always liked the wide selection of poplin prints too.

goodwillhinton

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a gift card and when I go to check out I'm being charged for shipping. Is the gift card an actual physical card instead of just an electronic voucher? This seems odd.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score

anything Thomas mason and wrinkle resistant. Royal twills, stripes, checks... etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads