• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of fun developments we've been working on in Abraham Moon Tweeds.

Keep in mind these are first samples. So details like trims, buttons and accessories are not finalized. Actually these styles haven't been confirmed at all. Just a couple of developments we've been working on.

View attachment 1368742
View attachment 1368750

So, I love these. My feedback would be:

1) Love the collar on the houndstooth (second) jacket.
2) Love the colour of the shearling collar jacket.
3) Do not like the collar on the first jacket. I think shearling doesn't look that nice on a wool jacket like this, but that's just my opinion.
4) Don't like the bellow pockets on the houndstooth jacket. My personal reference would be more seemless pockets, maybe at an angle and button flap.
5) Pockets on the first jacket are better.
6) Actually, if you did pockets like the houndstooth jacket I purchased last year, that would be better, basically that style, but with a flap and button. Handwarmer style.

In a pinch though, I'd buy the second jacket if it had the pockets of the first. You have price points in mind by chance?

gcastillo

Reaction score
Are you saying the Madras and Linen are too thin?
They're pretty thin. I'm not unhappy with them and definitely plan on keeping the linen shirts. I was just surprised. I have other linen shirts that feel more substantial. But, I'm not sure. Maybe the S&M shirts are intended to be thin. Just wanted to gauge others' input.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They're pretty thin. I'm not unhappy with them and definitely plan on keeping the linen shirts. I was just surprised. I have other linen shirts that feel more substantial. But, I'm not sure. Maybe the S&M shirts are intended to be thin. Just wanted to gauge others' input.

We use 60 Li Linen, which is a finer linen, but of higher quality. Same like normal shirts where finer counts are of higher quality to a degree. I would assume people want linen to be light and breathable. It is a summer shirt to be worn in the heat.

You can't correlate a materials thickness to quality.

gcastillo

Reaction score
We use 60 Li Linen, which is a finer linen, but of higher quality. Same like normal shirts where finer counts are of higher quality to a degree. I would assume people want linen to be light and breathable. It is a summer shirt to be worn in the heat.

You can't correlate a materials thickness to quality.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying! Like I mentioned earlier, I'm overall happy with them and plan on keeping them. Also would like to continue purchasing from S&M in the future. I love everything the company stands for. I'm glad I finally made my first purchase.

On another note: what should I do about the Madras? Do you think sizing up might help alleviate the issue? Or should I exchange for something different? The slim is almost skin tight on me.

EddieK

Reaction score
Just received my first S&M order ever. Overall I'm happy with it. I was a little surprised at how thin the fabric is. The shirts don't feel super high quality, but maybe I'm just ignorant. Is this others' opinions about S&M shirts generally? If so, what is the highest quality stuff they offer? I really want to be an S&M supporter.

I ordered the striped linen shirts in Contemporary fit (blue and brown), some t-shirts, and a Madras shift in slim fit. The linen shirts fit great, but the Madras shirt was WAY too tight. All shirts are size 15. The only problem with Madras is they don't have any more contemporary. Would it be dumb to exchange the Madras for a 15.5 in slim to help with the tightness or should I just return it and call it a day?
It really depends on what kind of fabric you get, but as mentioned, thickness doesn't mean quality.
I personally like their royal twill fabric and it is more thick and soft. Maybe you would like those better if you're looking for thickness specifically?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got it. Thanks for clarifying! Like I mentioned earlier, I'm overall happy with them and plan on keeping them. Also would like to continue purchasing from S&M in the future. I love everything the company stands for. I'm glad I finally made my first purchase.

On another note: what should I do about the Madras? Do you think sizing up might help alleviate the issue? Or should I exchange for something different? The slim is almost skin tight on me.

You can try the 15.5 contemporary as well. A madras on the looser side is perfectly fine.

shrugged

Reaction score
@spiermackay Could you comment on the level of shine is there in the sky blue fine twill? Also in January, you mentioned OTR Chambray, is that still planned for this year?

theh00d

Reaction score
A couple of fun developments we've been working on in Abraham Moon Tweeds.

Keep in mind these are first samples. So details like trims, buttons and accessories are not finalized. Actually these styles haven't been confirmed at all. Just a couple of developments we've been working on.

View attachment 1368742
View attachment 1368750

Very nice! I think the A2 style would look better with zipper instead of buttons though.
And agree with others on the pocket style of the first!

Any high rise trousers coming soon?

gcastillo

Reaction score
You can try the 15.5 contemporary as well. A madras on the looser side is perfectly fine.
Got it. Thanks a lot. I emailed [email protected] and cc'd [email protected]. Anything else I should do on my end for an exchange? Looks like there is one version of the Madras in 15.5 Contemporary that's stocked right now, but I'm guessing that might change before you receive my shirt. If that's the case, I suppose we'll figure it out at that point.

Kurps

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks a lot. I emailed [email protected] and cc'd [email protected]. Anything else I should do on my end for an exchange? Looks like there is one version of the Madras in 15.5 Contemporary that's stocked right now, but I'm guessing that might change before you receive my shirt. If that's the case, I suppose we'll figure it out at that point.

Order the shirt now and then return original. Check the size chart to see the differences in chest/waist measurements of the two collar sizes. It should add a couple inches to both which might be perfect for you depending on tightness.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay

In my cart I have 2 casual chinos and 2 polos. SALE25 comes out as not valid.

Are only dress trousers included?

gcastillo

Reaction score
Order the shirt now and then return original. Check the size chart to see the differences in chest/waist measurements of the two collar sizes. It should add a couple inches to both which might be perfect for you depending on tightness.
I got bundle pricing though since I ordered 5 shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads