• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since my filter doesnt seem to ever work, what restock are people seeing?

I'm weeing blue, mauve, white royal twills, and blue and white fine twill purple label. Anything else?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Since my filter doesnt seem to ever work, what restock are people seeing?

I'm weeing blue, mauve, white royal twills, and blue and white fine twill purple label. Anything else?

More are coming later today, tomorrow. Some more blue and white solids.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1586457932682.png

New coat up

ziggy1984

Reaction score
Hi, I have some questions about the cut SPIER & MACKAY provide. When I look up sportcoats on their website, some state that they are Neapolitan cut and others are not. And their details about construction are usually the same, with Unpadded, Spalla Camicia Shoulder (but some of them are different on lining). However, I saw an article on Parisian Gentleman, claim that The brand offers two types of aesthetically sound shoulders: one classic with a light padding and the other “Neapolitan style” without any padding, with a “su camicia” construction (shirt shoulder).

https://parisiangentleman.co.uk/201...new-sensation-of-affordable-classic-menswear/

Is it only Spalla Camicia Shoulder available now?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does the group think of poplin vs twill on dress shirts?

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
What does the group think of poplin vs twill on dress shirts?

I personally prefer SM’s fine twill over poplin or royal twill. Easy to iron, never had a shrinking issue, and it doesn’t wear too formal that it looks weird with an odd jacket.

The royal twills wear rather hot in the summer and I think can look to formal at times. Though I have to say, they get really soft over time and are really comfortable.

Poplins are the most versatile, but I have found them rather difficult to iron (can be stiff and “crunchy” if that descriptor makes any sense) and I have noticed some shrinking. Neither of these concerns have caused me to throw them away or never want to buy again, just some personal things I noticed.

All that said, if I really wanted a shirt color and it was available in all three, I’d choose fine twill. Just my personal opinion.

Konnor

Reaction score
Has anyone ever paid through paypal before and the transaction go through, but the site said that it was unable to omplete the transaction?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer SM’s fine twill over poplin or royal twill. Easy to iron, never had a shrinking issue, and it doesn’t wear too formal that it looks weird with an odd jacket.

The royal twills wear rather hot in the summer and I think can look to formal at times. Though I have to say, they get really soft over time and are really comfortable.

Poplins are the most versatile, but I have found them rather difficult to iron (can be stiff and “crunchy” if that descriptor makes any sense) and I have noticed some shrinking. Neither of these concerns have caused me to throw them away or never want to buy again, just some personal things I noticed.

All that said, if I really wanted a shirt color and it was available in all three, I’d choose fine twill. Just my personal opinion.

1586463152975.png
1586463159979.png

Thanks for your insight - helpful. Also trying to decide if the royal twill medium blue is different enough than the regular medium blue fine twill...'medium blues' look different in photos but lighting also looks a bit different. Understand that the weave of the royal will make it appear lighter, but still trying to decide

kerouacbum

Reaction score
Anything different about the poplin in terms of preventing shrinkage this go around?

Kurps

Reaction score
Has anyone ever paid through paypal before and the transaction go through, but the site said that it was unable to omplete the transaction?

I just purchased an hour ago and havent gotten an email from Spier yet for purchase confirmation, only from PayPal. Usually get them both immediately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads