• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carterjones

Reaction score
Whats the difference between black label and purple label cotton? Is MTO black label level or purple?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Rick and company. Just received an update to my assortment of casual chinos, and polos, they are terrific as always. Delivery via UPS was quick and flawless. Also, won't bore anyone with the details, but they went above and beyond to assist with an issue (created by me) that I had on another order. Excellent customer service. :fonz:

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
How soon should I expect an OOS email? I ordered the wide stripe line shirt last Sunday but i haven’t received anything since the order confirmation. Not that I’m in a hurry to receive this shirt but was just wondering whether i would eventually get it. No news is good news, I hope.

Kurps

Reaction score
FWIW I ordered different items on Friday and received the shipping notification yesterday, scheduled delivery this Friday. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Fancy Pants

Reaction score
Received red madras, blue wide stripe linen, and ecru oxford today. Dig all 3. The linen was a tiny bit big but not enough to worry with sending back. Impressed

Red thread on the blue shirt was a nice touch.

I just got mine as well. I am always between a 17 and 16.5 - if I have to wear a tie it's the 17, but if its a shirt like the the madras or linen stripe that I will wear open collar than its a bit up in the air. I am currently leaning toward a 17 in the madras and the 16.5 in the linen. I just wanted to be sure that the linen was intended to be a bit fuller cut. There is a ridiculous amount of discussion on shrinkage on this thread, but I would hate to wash the linen and find it too small, as it fits perfectly now. Any feedback?

I would like to add this is my first full season buying from S&M and I am stunned by the quality and fit. The 44R Contmporary jackets are perfect for me off the rack, which doesn't hurt. But the latest order was the above said linen shirt and the off white dress chinos.... damn. It looks like a million bucks. I feel like I'm on vacation in Capri. When you can combine curated fabrics and perfect cuts, attention to detail and quality, and all for prices that a normal person can afford and not feel guilty about (although the sheer quantity may be a quickly escalating issue) - than that is something special. Hats off to you Rick, please keep up the good work.

hellomcfly

Reaction score
I just got mine as well. I am always between a 17 and 16.5 - if I have to wear a tie it's the 17, but if its a shirt like the the madras or linen stripe that I will wear open collar than its a bit up in the air. I am currently leaning toward a 17 in the madras and the 16.5 in the linen. I just wanted to be sure that the linen was intended to be a bit fuller cut. There is a ridiculous amount of discussion on shrinkage on this thread, but I would hate to wash the linen and find it too small, as it fits perfectly now. Any feedback?

I would like to add this is my first full season buying from S&M and I am stunned by the quality and fit. The 44R Contmporary jackets are perfect for me off the rack, which doesn't hurt. But the latest order was the above said linen shirt and the off white dress chinos.... damn. It looks like a million bucks. I feel like I'm on vacation in Capri. When you can combine curated fabrics and perfect cuts, attention to detail and quality, and all for prices that a normal person can afford and not feel guilty about (although the sheer quantity may be a quickly escalating issue) - than that is something special. Hats off to you Rick, please keep up the good work.

I've ordered several shirts from SM at this point, all 15.5. contemporary. From my personal experience the wide linen has been the fullest and the madras the slimmest. Oxfords have been a happy medium. Maybe some more folks will chime in. My experience may just be manufacturing variance. I have not washed the linen yet, but the tag says to wash cold and line dry I believe. I would like it to shrink a little bit but I'm hesitant to try. Quality is exceptional. As good or better than North Carolina made Brooks Brothers shirts in my opinion.

dluce76

Reaction score
Some more pictures of the Huddersfield forest green fresco under inside light (no sunlight, quite overcast outside). Noticably darker.

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_115331.jpg
    IMG_20200409_115331.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200409_115344.jpg
    IMG_20200409_115344.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20200409_115403.jpg
    IMG_20200409_115403.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 98

gcastillo

Reaction score
How soon should I expect an OOS email? I ordered the wide stripe line shirt last Sunday but i haven’t received anything since the order confirmation. Not that I’m in a hurry to receive this shirt but was just wondering whether i would eventually get it. No news is good news, I hope.
It took my order 7 days (including the weekend) between when I placed my order and when it shipped. Some people's shipped the day after ordering, according to this sub. I reached out to [email protected] and checking on the status of my order and my order shipped the day they responded. Wasn't in a rush, but was just curious if I'd ordered something that was out of stock. I had to follow up on my original email before I received a response.

I'm in CA if that means anything.

sid11111

Reaction score
First wash of my Spier polo I recieved a few days ago... never worn.
Washed warm, put it in the tumble drier because i did not mind of it shrank a bit.

Result: did not shrink, but color ran.
What happened? First time this ever happened to me :(
Happy it arrived on a low budget item, but I still don't understand what happened? Been washing polos for years and first time this happens.
It does say dry flat, but common this is a cotton polo, not some custom fragile garment ... View attachment 1367751

Mate that's a gorgeous patina you've got.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads