• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carterjones

Reaction score
1586379313654.png

Will these texture stripes ever be brought back?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Might be a good opportunity for SM to start manufacturing fabric masks and selling those to have a bump in revenue stream and ease the mask load for people so hospital grade masks go to healthcare workers. A lot of clothing companies have switched to mask production for the duration and are donating masks and money to charity as well covering costs and keeping people employed.

Luckily Canada is offering this wage subsidy, that'll likely help my company

It's definitely be into that.

We don't own a manufacturing facility. The factories we work with are smaller and don't have the capacity to dedicate lines for mask or PPE production.

We are looking in to importing what we can get our hands on. At the moment a lot of stocks are sold out or items in production are already sold. So there is a waiting list that is already more than month out.

carterjones

Reaction score
Yes. Some basic stripes were in production before the factory closed.
The factory closed? Is it still closed? I'm worried my MTO vest/shirt might be delayed now, not that I need them in time. To my understanding, the shirts are from an Indian factory, whereas the suits/jackets are from a Chinese factory. Maybe my vest is still in production then. Are custom shirts from the same factory as the OTR ones?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The factory closed? Is it still closed? I'm worried my MTO vest/shirt might be delayed now, not that I need them in time. To my understanding, the shirts are from an Indian factory, whereas the suits/jackets are from a Chinese factory. Maybe my vest is still in production then. Are custom shirts from the same factory as the OTR ones?

Tailored garments are in China. That's open.

Shirts are in India. That's closed. Same factory does OTR and MTM.

hellomcfly

Reaction score
Received red madras, blue wide stripe linen, and ecru oxford today. Dig all 3. The linen was a tiny bit big but not enough to worry with sending back. Impressed
These are the new Wrinkle Resistant summer sport shirts. Maybe not totally SF approved, but we had a lot of customers asking for more colour and patterns to wear semi-casually.

Some fun colours. Aqua, green, orange, coral, pink.

These are great without a sportcoat. The collars are modified C2 with 3" points so they are not so long when worn without a jacket. But they do tuck away under the lapel if a jacket is worn.

View attachment 1368009 View attachment 1368010 View attachment 1368011 View attachment 1368012 View attachment 1368013 View attachment 1368014

Red thread on the blue shirt was a nice touch.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
Tailored garments are in China. That's open.

Shirts are in India. That's closed. Same factory does OTR and MTM.
Thank you for letting us know. I was considering doing MTM for my wedding suit, but due to the current situation I cannot even come in to get measured. I already bought a suit from the recent sale as a back-up but was wondering if MTM will come in time, that's if my wedding venue is still open in July.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know. I was considering doing MTM for my wedding suit, but due to the current situation I cannot even come in to get measured. I already bought a suit from the recent sale as a back-up but was wondering if MTM will come in time, that's if my wedding venue is still open in July.

MTM suits are still 8 weeks. But in person measurements are an issue. MTO is still an option.

Viatu

Reaction score
MTM suits are still 8 weeks. But in person measurements are an issue. MTO is still an option.

Has there been any discussion of implementing virtual meetings for MTM sometime in the future?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads