• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, got it as an cheap happy go lucky add-on to find out how spier polos fit me. It was final sale, great price so must be last year, fit was great and it was long enough for me despite being 6 ft 2 (not the same luck with polos this year unfortunately).
Still, 0 wears @ 15$ makes this the worst $ to wear ratio at.. infinity :D

We sold more than 5000 of those polos. I have 3 of that exact colour myself. Washed countless times. Strange to see that happen.

zewill

Reaction score
We sold more than 5000 of those polos. I have 3 of that exact colour myself. Washed countless times. Strange to see that happen.
Yep, I'm sure it's not you guys' fault.
Lesson learned, until that day all my Spier items washed were mainly dress shirts and chinos so I was extra careful .
My girlfriend mentionned she had the exact same thing happen to her a few years back, it was the same brownish color..
Maybe that color is prone to discoloration ...
Again, too bad, worse things in life happen, and maybe it's time and a good excuse to create another Spier order :D it's been only a few days since the last one !
Ps: Because I hate waste, and gf made a good suggestion, I'll try to dye the polo in a darker color. Never tried that before but will report back. If not, well, Ill still wear this at home for the rest of confinment period :D

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wash of my Spier polo I recieved a few days ago... never worn.
Washed warm, put it in the tumble drier because i did not mind of it shrank a bit.

Result: did not shrink, but color ran.
What happened? First time this ever happened to me :(
Happy it arrived on a low budget item, but I still don't understand what happened? Been washing polos for years and first time this happens.
It does say dry flat, but common this is a cotton polo, not some custom fragile garment ... View attachment 1367751
Did you put the detergent directly onto the clothes? Sometimes excessive detergent can get trapped inside a garment and not spread out and dilute evenly which can cause this.

Also, wash cold in the future. If you want something to shrink, hand wash/soak with warm/hot water instead of the machine.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wash of my Spier polo I recieved a few days ago... never worn.
Washed warm, put it in the tumble drier because i did not mind of it shrank a bit.

Result: did not shrink, but color ran.
What happened? First time this ever happened to me :(
Happy it arrived on a low budget item, but I still don't understand what happened? Been washing polos for years and first time this happens.
It does say dry flat, but common this is a cotton polo, not some custom fragile garment ... View attachment 1367751
I'm amazed it didn't shrink. But that's the thing I found about brown dye for some reason. I got something similar to my chinos of some seasons ago. but to less extent.

zewill

Reaction score
It was my own machine, quite a high quality one, front loading with a special place to put detergent, so it was not put directly on clothes.

I'm amazed it didn't shrink. But that's the thing I found about brown dye for some reason. I got something similar to my chinos of some seasons ago. but to less extent.

0 shrinkage. Still fits perfectly (fits larger than smaller with is fine). M would have been too tight in last year fits. Had the chance to try a M in this fit, liked the fit but it was short on me so I think if I pull the trigger on polos, will go for a L (to be secure also if Shrinkage appears gradually, even though now will be washing cold) :p
Thanks for your input. Brown seems a more sensitive hope my post can be a reminder to be more careful, it has worked on me:)

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
With the release of this year’s lightweight oxfords, I figured I throw on mine from last year for some context for the group. Note, this is a contemporary and I’ve lost some weight. Wearing a 16.5/36 at 5’11” 180 lbs. At my current weight, slim would probably be a better fit.

8BFC3BED-D750-4CB7-86C3-70234BB9A29E.jpeg

1A19E065-63A3-4877-8995-0127A5528EE4.jpeg
4BD77EE7-112C-425C-B13C-3A40D450E632.jpeg

AmicusCuriae

Reaction score
With the release of this year’s lightweight oxfords, I figured I throw on mine from last year for some context for the group. Note, this is a contemporary and I’ve lost some weight. Wearing a 16.5/36 at 5’11” 180 lbs. At my current weight, slim would probably be a better fit.

This looks fantastic. Trying to dial in my fit - any sleeve shrinkage on the lightweight oxfords in your experience?

coachcaseyd

Reaction score
This looks fantastic. Trying to dial in my fit - any sleeve shrinkage on the lightweight oxfords in your experience?

I personally haven’t noticed any in the sleeves. This shirt has had 2 cold washes/hang dry. My tailor says I’m really a 35.5 so I order 36’s and if anything they shrink to the right length. Sorry maybe not the most helpful!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay can you please share some high res pics of the Drago wool/linen solid brown cloth which is available for mtm?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads