• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zewill

Reaction score
Read your blog post. Interesting! You mention that there is limited competition, and suitsupply is the champ to be beat, so let us know what you think of Spier because for me it beats Susu hands down! The only thing missing (for now) is fancy textures (alpaca, mohair).
I am based in Canada we have both Susu and Spier and free returns at both so it might be different to people based in Europe and the US even if Spier caters the the latter too and has arrangements for shipping!).

Reaction score
Couple of questions that I was hoping folks here might have input on:

Does anyone have a photo of them wearing a slim jacket and contemporary trousers either as a suit or sportcoat + trousers?

Has anyone received the new travel trousers yet and have more photos/input on them?

How do the new polo fits compare to previous seasons?

zewill

Reaction score
Wider. Shorter.

I agree. 38L in sportscoat. M size is perfect for shoulders, much to short in length. They should shrink a bit too...
I'm afraid if I go to a large, it might be too big in the shoulders :(
It's a tough choice. I think there should be a long version available for polos, some people wear them tucked, others not. In any case, as it stands, can't tuck the M and hope it stays tucked.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read your blog post. Interesting! You mention that there is limited competition, and suitsupply is the champ to be beat, so let us know what you think of Spier because for me it beats Susu hands down! The only thing missing (for now) is fancy textures (alpaca, mohair).
I am based in Canada we have both Susu and Spier and free returns at both so it might be different to people based in Europe and the US even if Spier caters the the latter too and has arrangements for shipping!).
I think SuSu is more adventurous and quite accessible here in Europe. I really want to try new things but blogging is just my side passion, though it’s been doing 13k visitors per month now. I want to try Spier, Black Lapel etc so I can have a nice comparison.

Looking forward to it!

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of quality makers out there. This thread is for Spier and Mackay which make an excellent product. So good that I have them shipped to europe and pay 40 % VAT and customs. Lets discuss their competitors in a different thread.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of quality makers out there. This thread is for Spier and Mackay which make an excellent product. So good that I have them shipped to europe and pay 40 % VAT and customs. Lets discuss their competitors in a different thread.
For sure, we took a small detour but in the end it was a testament to the quality and to try spier which I am excited about. I commissioned a suit a week ago and will wait a bit, but wow I checked yesterday and the sales prices were amazing. Can’t wait to give it a shot

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with discussing their competitors as it relates to their product in here - 100% germane.

olivndbrwn

Reaction score
Does Spier and Mackay make a cotton trouser with a high rise and side tabs? I saw their cotton dress trouser on their website, but these have belt loops.

jamie411

Reaction score
Anyone else still waiting on their madras pre-order to ship? I bought on 13 March, and know things are delayed, but thought I read on here that some people already received theirs.

jrdngr

Reaction score
Anyone else still waiting on their madras pre-order to ship? I bought on 13 March, and know things are delayed, but thought I read on here that some people already received theirs.
I got my shipping notification on Thursday.

TS2404

Reaction score

I’m still waiting too...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads