• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladislav

Reaction score
S&M hopsack jacket and trousers.

What is the size? Eventually your measurements??

Konnor

Reaction score
Nice look. Fit looks also good to me, hopefully comfortable indeed. What’s the size? If You could, tell us also your chest size.
cheers
The jacket is a 40R slim. The shirts are 15.5 slim. My chest is 42 inches and my waist is 31. That’s why, even with the slim, it’s not very close fitting in the waist. Once the tailors open back up, I’ll take the jacket in to nip the waist.

conak

Reaction score
Tell me. Do you think the shirt that this dude is wearing is ill fitting, meaning too big on him? I guess what I’m saying is that typical shirt fabric has no “give.” Thus, it’s ok to have bunching up in the sides like this 007 guy. Otherwise things will pull in every which way you turn, reach, twist and such. It may look OK if you are going to standing around and not move but kinda bad when you are chasing international spies and criminals
View attachment 1365306

Although I’m always reluctant to base fit recommendations off of a recognized “sex symbol” ( Brad Pitt manages to look good in his terribly-fitting suits in Oceans 11) I think there is a difference between a shirt worn casually (street wear) and one worn with a suit or a sport coat. I tend towards very little fabric at the waist for shirts I mean to wear under a suit or sport coat. And it seems Daniel Craig (or rather his stylists) agree: here he is after removing his suit jacket :
1585922215102.jpeg

MellonC

Reaction score
Although I’m always reluctant to base fit recommendations off of a recognized “sex symbol” ( Brad Pitt manages to look good in his terribly-fitting suits in Oceans 11) I think there is a difference between a shirt worn casually (street wear) and one worn with a suit or a sport coat. I tend towards very little fabric at the waist for shirts I mean to wear under a suit or sport coat. And it seems Daniel Craig (or rather his stylists) agree: here he is after removing his suit jacket :
View attachment 1365369

Ok. Your point well taken. Super slim it is. I hope he had strong threads for his buttons.

Kurps

Reaction score
I would say as someone in his late 30s (you mentioned you are early 30s), don’t underestimate possible body size changes over the next few years. I’ve gone from 200lb all the way up to 230lb and floated in between for years before settling back at 205-210. Lifestyle, income, relationships, kids, biology, etc all play a factor in a yo-yo effect. Short story long, I wouldn’t go too tight unless you can afford new shirts often or are very confident in your body not changing.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of shirt fit:

My standard size is 16.5 x 34 Contemporary, but I've got a couple of 17 x 34s for shirts I plan to wear collar open with a tie. Silly idea?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads