• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After one too many wash and wears, the roll on my SM OCBD doesn't have the volume/presence it once did. Any tips on how to restore and maintain it?

Fancy Pants

Reaction score
Request for a fit check: This is a 38S. I measured myself at a 36 chest though I don't know how well I can measure. I love the color but not 100% of the fit.

The pants fit great, but the jacket seems big to me. I don't wear a lot of suits so maybe I'm just unfamiliar. Should I keep it, size down to a 36 (S/R) or just switch over to slim fit? Oh and I'm about 5'11", ~165 pounds.

Thanks!
Looks good to me. I don't know that I would go any slimmer. Even current trend it going the other way. Just take to the tailor and they can make a few adjustments. You could try the 38 Slim but I don't think I would go to a 36

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Request for a fit check: This is a 38S. I measured myself at a 36 chest though I don't know how well I can measure. I love the color but not 100% of the fit.

The pants fit great, but the jacket seems big to me. I don't wear a lot of suits so maybe I'm just unfamiliar. Should I keep it, size down to a 36 (S/R) or just switch over to slim fit? Oh and I'm about 5'11", ~165 pounds.

Thanks!
Which suit is this?

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two quick questions:

1) Does anyone know whether S&M's jacket length measurements are from the back or front bottom of collar to hem?

2) For a guy that's 5'9, do you think an 11.5" rise is too long? I'd like to know other 5'9 or 5'10 guys' preferences when it comes to front pants rise.

Thanks!

Back. Bottom of collar.

I'm 5'10" and the higher rise 11.5" is good for me.

Konnor

Reaction score
My last 2 weeks of Spier deliveries. get the grey travel in tomorrow.
Drago neo BEB15937-56AE-498A-BDCA-9DD4AD389977.jpeg
medium wash Italian denim 2A25A982-0E41-4FCF-A989-E23409447E1D.jpeg
Madras FEC845CA-E7D3-4ACD-8DB7-9F4184DB65A1.jpeg

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think the jacket is too short based on the pictures? I think it's possible that we have a different ratio of torso to leg length.

Hard to say. Mine is probably about that or slightly longer. Try a 38R? or you can't return?

eskimomo

Reaction score
Hard to say. Mine is probably about that or slightly longer. Try a 38R? or you can't return?
I actually have both suits and am planning on returning one. I can post a pic of the 38R. The website measurements suggest that the jacket is 2 inches longer and when I tried it earlier it felt pretty long.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
Newbie here - thinking about picking up a couple pairs of S&M Trousers and wanted to know if the only pants that come in Contemporary High Raise are the pants with side tabs? Thanks!

Usually their high rise trousers come with single pleat and side tabs.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No that doesnt look short at all. In fact I'm surprised you're a 38S. I'm 5"7 and find their 38S in regular cut too short.

social_batman

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased these suits before and can provide a picture of the color IRL?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads