• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt delivery of this suit. I’m happy to support you guys even though I can’t come in to get MTO for my wedding suit.
This will suffice for now. But some odd shoulder divots came up with this jacket. I’ve always ordered the same size with you guys. 36S in slim and it’s always perfect.
I wonder what I should do. Wonder if a little steam would help. Sorry no full pic as I have shaky hands.
Suit is the blue texture slim.

Attachments

• 3C4DE480-3798-43B5-9EA1-9034BEC68F25.jpeg
    3C4DE480-3798-43B5-9EA1-9034BEC68F25.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 118
  • BC4EA6FA-319A-472E-94E9-49C7CE2EE502.jpeg
    BC4EA6FA-319A-472E-94E9-49C7CE2EE502.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 113

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay is there any solid colored linen shirts coming this season?

P/S: I love new UPS partnership. My madras got shipped today and are expected to be here Friday. With Purolator I would be looking at 1.5 weeks.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has owned the old brushed oxfords, regular oxfords, and summer oxfords to comment on all 3?

I've only ever bought the brushed oxfords and I've found them a strictly winter shirt.

Trying to figure out whether to go all in on regular or summer oxfords.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Anyone who has owned the old brushed oxfords, regular oxfords, and summer oxfords to comment on all 3?

I've only ever bought the brushed oxfords and I've found them a strictly winter shirt.

Trying to figure out whether to go all in on regular or summer oxfords.

I’ve had all three. The lightweights are nice but the material is pretty thin and feels like it won’t last long. But they are comfortable.

The regular ones are fantastic.They may run a little warmer but keep a press.

the old brushed ones feel like cardboard. And they shrunk. Wasn’t happy with those.

dinted voice

Reaction score
How do you know whether brushed or regular ? Obviously lightweight is designated as such.

Kurps

Reaction score
I’m planning on getting an MTO white shirt for my wedding in August (hopefully) to wear with a suit, not tux. Would you guys say the White Premium Poplin is my best bet for a combo of lightweight/some breathability and appropriate for a wedding? I think the other poplin is Thomas Mason wrinkle resistant too. A cotton-linen blend would be better for breathing but am I right that it would be too casual? Lastly, has Rick mentioned any summer fabrics being added in the next few months?

Thanks for any advice!

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on getting an MTO white shirt for my wedding in August (hopefully) to wear with a suit, not tux. Would you guys say the White Premium Poplin is my best bet for a combo of lightweight/some breathability and appropriate for a wedding? I think the other poplin is Thomas Mason wrinkle resistant too. A cotton-linen blend would be better for breathing but am I right that it would be too casual? Lastly, has Rick mentioned any summer fabrics being added in the next few months?

Thanks for any advice!

I have the TM poplin. It’s nice but pretty see-through. That might be the case with all poplins though.

I prefer the TM royal oxford if it is still available.

gcastillo

Reaction score
Anyone know if S&M is still shipping orders? Placed an order almost 4 business days ago with no movement.

gcastillo

Reaction score
Just checking... Jeez... Their website says orders ship usually ship between 1 and 3 business days after placing your order and payment being approved. Don't know if COVID has changed things. Also don't think it's unreasonable to question companies about their policies.

zewill

Reaction score
Yes they are. And, 4 days?

No he said "almost" 4 days so not even :D
Had to wait a full week before my previous order was shipped. But now shipping is so efficient with ups it arrived in 2 days straight at mine. None of that Puro nonsense.
I guess they are receiving quite a few order with the sales going on and new incoming shipments (Madras) so patience is needed :)
Oh, and coronavirus obviously :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads