• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Further data point on polos. These are unwashed comments.
-Length: I sized down to small from medium, so I lost 0.8" length there. The chart says 27.2" - mine are about 26.8". Could be called within spec. Still 2" shorter than last year's since I sized down for equivalent fit, but they'll just work.
-Body: sizing down gives me pretty similar fit through the body.
-Sleeves: sizing down makes the sleeves narrower than last season's, even with my arms. Had perfect gap last year with medium, now they're skin tight. If you're going to loosen the body, might as well loosen the arms too for us that liked last year's fit.
-Packaging: the new plastic zipper bags are kinda cool. The old sticky flap ones worked fine though.
-The golden color is great!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

6 new Drago Fabrics went up for MTO. Only 20 jackets in each cloth. Really excellent fabrics for Spring/Summer.

View attachment 1363434 View attachment 1363435 View attachment 1363436 View attachment 1363437 View attachment 1363438 View attachment 1363440
Rick is your MTO contractor up and running? What is a realistic expectation for receipt of an MTO jacket right now?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick is your MTO contractor up and running? What is a realistic expectation for receipt of an MTO jacket right now?

Yes. They are based in China. They are back to about 80% full strength. Most of that was just in the last week though. We still projeckt MTO/MTM orders to be in the 6-8 week range from here forward.

tripreed

Reaction score
I have been very impressed by the customer service from spier mackay but my return package has been delivered since March 16th and it still has not been shipped to the warehouse where it needs to be so that I can get my money back. Why can't I just get my refund the day it has been delivered and arrived? This seems awfully long especially if I just want to return something...

I feel like they've mentioned before about unscrupulous people who will buy something, wear it, and then return it. I would hope that that is a rare circumstance, but it does seem like a reason to necessitate inspecting the item first.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have been very impressed by the customer service from spier mackay but my return package has been delivered since March 16th and it still has not been shipped to the warehouse where it needs to be so that I can get my money back. Why can't I just get my refund the day it has been delivered and arrived? This seems awfully long especially if I just want to return something...

We have to open and inspect all packages that get returned. Too many times, people have clearly violated the return policy. Clothes clearly worn, sent back without RA# well past the return window and even sent back items that are not ours. An example, once we received back a well worn Banana Republic suit for which the customer was asking for a refund on the suit he purchased from us. Had it not been inspected before, we would have been SOL.

Unfortunately, things are moving a little slower than normal as well. But you will get the refund, I can assure you.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay WOW those new MTO options are stunning. You keep tempting me with these guncheck options despite the fact I've owned and sold 4 different guncheck jackets from S&M. That green one in particular is an absolute beauty. Do you have a higher-res pic of the Drago Medium Brown? How does that color compare to the Fox flannel SC from last FW? That one is the most practical choice out of the bunch. Also - did you see a solid dark brown amongst Drago's offerings (either W/L or W/S/L)?

Thanks!

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have to open and inspect all packages that get returned. Too many times, people have clearly violated the return policy. Clothes clearly worn, sent back without RA# well past the return window and even sent back items that are not ours. An example, once we received back a well worn Banana Republic suit for which the customer was asking for a refund on the suit he purchased from us. Had it not been inspected before, we would have been SOL.

Unfortunately, things are moving a little slower than normal as well. But you will get the refund, I can assure you.

Yep - things might be slow but there's never been a time that I haven't had an exchange or refund processed in the end. Sometimes a nudge by email helps but things get done in the end.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

moar non-iron shirts :) @spiermackay

SZNettles

Reaction score
Are popover shirts no longer available mto? If they are can someone point me to where I can find the option. Thank yall.

zewill

Reaction score
@spiermackay WOW those new MTO options are stunning. You keep tempting me with these guncheck options despite the fact I've owned and sold 4 different guncheck jackets from S&M. That green one in particular is an absolute beauty. Do you have a higher-res pic of the Drago Medium Brown? How does that color compare to the Fox flannel SC from last FW? That one is the most practical choice out of the bunch. Also - did you see a solid dark brown amongst Drago's offerings (either W/L or W/S/L)?

Thanks!

Why do you end up selling your stuff ? Fit not right? Not happy?

zewill

Reaction score

That's ******* terrible. People have no respect. I always try to avoid returns and have kept stuff that I'm on the fence on. I always make a big order, and when buying sweaters or stuff in unsure on sizing I get both sizes (often buy L and M size when unsure because there is always an item I'm gonna send back so I'd rather make sure I have what I need rather than buy a L, be disappointed, then ask to send back the L and have Spier pay again to ship me the M.
My previous orders have been quite intense so feel less bad when i need to return 2 or 3 items :) the perfect customer is the one that returns nothing but that's a rarity :) also people are attracted by the generous policy at spier and that's why I'm a returning customer..

I don't think the guy who purchased banana republic suit is on styleforum.. or maybe he is actually and felt bad buying there after reading polyester vs wool threads :D

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you end up selling your stuff ? Fit not right? Not happy?

First 2 were when I was a size 40 and realized a 42 would be better. The next 2 I just kept trying gun checks w a cream base and wasn't satisfied w how the pattern looked on me nor how it played w my shirts. Trying not to repeat the lesson another time.

TAFJIR

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads