• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

emptym

Reaction score
I like blended fabrics that are relatively easy care, something like 65 cotton, 35 polyester. Not a big fan of the chemically treated 100% cotton ones. Kamakura has shirts that are 70/30 cotton/poly, with the polyester making up the core of each thread. Maybe SM could source fabric like that. I've been looking for something like that in light blue end-on-end and blue graph or tattersall checks.

MellonC

Reaction score
Brooks bothers Milano non iron does well for me. I don’t find the feel of cotton to be so inferior to non-treated fabric. I think they have come a long way. I am also a fan of cotton/tencel or cotton/modal mix. But no poly for me. They are hot the moment I put it on. Poly anything makes me sweat. The whole thing about sweat wicking thing only applies to me if I’m wearing that garment to play 18 rounds of golf in 90+ deg weather. YMMV

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a great point. I used to own so many iron free shirts. I got used to wearing shirts being so easy... Wear, throw in washing machine, then hang dry, and voila ready to wear (or at least enough to add a sportscoat and hide wrinkles until they disappeared on their own )
Problem is, they are I'll fitting being cut for older men ( even my seidensticker shirts at 90euros each).
So I bought suitsupply shirts, great but buy after the first wash, oh boy.. forgot all ironing skills so ended up going back to my older shirts (that to be honest held up so well, until a few started rippng at elbows.. I did wear them 8+years - I do have a lot to rotate through tho).
Then I discovered Spier Mackay and love their shirts too but indeed it's the same problem, a lot of Ironing is needed ...
this is an amateur (but genuine question
Brooks bothers Milano non iron does well for me. I don’t find the feel of cotton to be so inferior to non-treated fabric. I think they have come a long way. I am also a fan of cotton/tencel or cotton/modal mix. But no poly for me. They are hot the moment I put it on. Poly anything makes me sweat. The whole thing about sweat wicking thing only applies to me if I’m wearing that garment to play 18 rounds of golf in 90+ deg weather. YMMV

BB and Charles Thyrwit both make acceptable to me non-iron shirts in slim fits.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The XL is 29” from BOC.
Thanks. That is exactly what the SS20 Fit chart predicts for an XL. (last year the XL was 29.5 long, but pretty tight through the chest).

Someone a few days ago had reported the shirts as delivered were shorter than the new fit chart predicted, by an inch or more. Glad to see that was not your experience.

29" should be just long enough for me to tuck in, but there's only one way to find out.
Order one and try it. Now is a good time to try one.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB and Charles Thyrwit both make acceptable to me non-iron shirts in slim fits.

The BB slim (milano, I think) is usually a bit big on me. I ordered a Soho to try them out for sizing. Haven't had a tyrwhitt shirt in a while will have to look at them too. Twillory non-iron are great but again the slim is too wide at the waist for me.

gianm

Reaction score
What trousers are remaining for SS20? Trying to decide what I want to grab.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All S&M, except the shoes and square

Wilson13

Reaction score

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been very impressed by the customer service from spier mackay but my return package has been delivered since March 16th and it still has not been shipped to the warehouse where it needs to be so that I can get my money back. Why can't I just get my refund the day it has been delivered and arrived? This seems awfully long especially if I just want to return something...

MisterrLovely

Reaction score

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been very impressed by the customer service from spier mackay but my return package has been delivered since March 16th and it still has not been shipped to the warehouse where it needs to be so that I can get my money back. Why can't I just get my refund the day it has been delivered and arrived? This seems awfully long especially if I just want to return something...
Perhaps it has to be inspected.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads