• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay I forgot if this was mentioned but is there any more seasonal shirts coming? Like plain linen shirts? I know the core white shirts are coming back but just checking before I order more wide stripe linen and madras.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick shout out on the new polos. Excellent fit and fabrics. Would love a longer length through.
Rick was going to check on the length of the polos as delivered vs length shown on the fit charts. Did that happen?
What length were your new polos?

zewill

Reaction score
@spiermackay Please consider making more/wider variety of dress shirts in wrinkle-free/easy iron. I would literally buy every single offering.

Thats a great point. I used to own so many iron free shirts. I got used to wearing shirts being so easy... Wear, throw in washing machine, then hang dry, and voila ready to wear (or at least enough to add a sportscoat and hide wrinkles until they disappeared on their own )
Problem is, they are I'll fitting being cut for older men ( even my seidensticker shirts at 90euros each).
So I bought suitsupply shirts, great but buy after the first wash, oh boy.. forgot all ironing skills so ended up going back to my older shirts (that to be honest held up so well, until a few started rippng at elbows.. I did wear them 8+years - I do have a lot to rotate through tho).
Then I discovered Spier Mackay and love their shirts too but indeed it's the same problem, a lot of Ironing is needed ...
this is an amateur (but genuine question to learn)
Why would companies produce non wrinkle free shirts and why do people wear them? I e Who has all that FreeTime to spend ironing? :D
Is it because they are more comfortable?
They last longer?
I did understand that they had less chemicals which is an important point!

Thanks for the feedback and answers:)

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a great point. I used to own so many iron free shirts. I got used to wearing shirts being so easy... Wear, throw in washing machine, then hang dry, and voila ready to wear (or at least enough to add a sportscoat and hide wrinkles until they disappeared on their own )
Problem is, they are I'll fitting being cut for older men ( even my seidensticker shirts at 90euros each).
So I bought suitsupply shirts, great but buy after the first wash, oh boy.. forgot all ironing skills so ended up going back to my older shirts (that to be honest held up so well, until a few started rippng at elbows.. I did wear them 8+years - I do have a lot to rotate through tho).
Then I discovered Spier Mackay and love their shirts too but indeed it's the same problem, a lot of Ironing is needed ...
this is an amateur (but genuine question to learn)
Why would companies produce non wrinkle free shirts and why do people wear them? I e Who has all that FreeTime to spend ironing? :D
Is it because they are more comfortable?
They last longer?
I did understand that they had less chemicals which is an important point!

Thanks for the feedback and answers:)

Just learn how to iron ;-) 4 mins per shirt or so...You surely have the time for that?

ULCajun

Reaction score
Are there fabrics that aren’t necessarily posted online? Trying to find the cotten/linen blend from last year. Of course one of mine shrunk beyond the point of return. Fantastic cloth though

zewill

Reaction score
And then they're wrinkled again as soon as I put my seatbelt on. It's not about the ironing for me. @spiermackay

I'm sure someone will tell you to stop driving to work :p
4 min per shirts maybe, but setting up, ironing minimum 5 shirts (probably 10 if you have a good Rotation) we are speaking minimum 1hour.
If I can save an hour on sundays, I'm all for it. Now if you tell me the chemicals added are really terrible (for myself, the environment, and the shirt longevity) then in all ears - and a better argument too :)

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone will tell you to stop driving to work :p
4 min per shirts maybe, but setting up, ironing minimum 5 shirts (probably 10 if you have a good Rotation) we are speaking minimum 1hour.
If I can save an hour on sundays, I'm all for it. Now if you tell me the chemicals added are really terrible (for myself, the environment, and the shirt longevity) then in all ears - and a better argument too :)

I personally just see no reason to buy a shirt that requires ironing when there are alternatives. I don't find any discomfort in non-iron or wrinkle free shirting.

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
Hoping to get some thoughts and opinions on a potential MTO suit.

Thinking about either Minnis or Huddersfield navy fresco--are these fabrics really a significant step up from the other, lower-priced fabrics?

I'll definitely be getting the Neapolitan fit. I'm thinking about the lower gorge (if its possible), but I'm not sure it would be appropriate for a suit. Would that stand out too much?

Kurps

Reaction score
Quick shout out on the new polos. Excellent fit and fabrics. Would love a longer length through.

If I remember correctly you are a 44L in jackets, did you go XL in the new polos for the great fit?

tgaith77

Reaction score
IME, I really just hate how wrinkle-free shirts feel. I don't know if there are wrinkle free shirts that don't use some sort of coating on the fibers, but they really don't breathe as well as natural, uncoated fabric.

I find that seeing a wrinkled shirt on someone isn't as noticeable (bothersome) to me as long as the fit and proportions are there and the other outfit details come together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads