• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MellonC

Reaction score
Wouldn't have anything to do with studio lighting and make up vs flash photography?

So true. Studio lighting and flash photography exaggerate the color making things worse. Thus, my comment earlier about paying attention to color in the age of video conferencing. (years of studying fine art and color and I have nothing to show for it but to make comments on social media........lol)

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can decide for yourself by looking at Richard Quest (the Britich anchor in the middle of my pic) in a real navy color jacket below. You can actually see his face and not washed out like the earlier pic.

View attachment 1362616
Point taken. I've had a mid blue suit on my Buy list (they are ubiquitous on tv talking heads right now), but maybe I'd be better served just to renew my dark navy suit.

cr2596

Reaction score
I just ironed and pressed all my linen shirts and trousers. During this venture, I made a mistake: I did a quick inventory of all my S&M button ups.

Christ, I’ve spent so much on shirts. I immediately stopped and never made it to the trousers or jackets.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Any feedback on the polo fit? Love the material but Afraid it may shrink. This is pre wash. Already on the edge of being too short I think.

Attachments

• 2951FC27-E44D-4937-9A3F-DDF0972CD678.jpeg
    2951FC27-E44D-4937-9A3F-DDF0972CD678.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 9B87D985-FFB1-466D-BF10-37A4F4EFFC20.jpeg
    9B87D985-FFB1-466D-BF10-37A4F4EFFC20.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 137

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if 32 contemporary are snug, and I should go 33 contemporary for the casual khakis, do I size up yet again for the 5-pocket corduroys to a 34 for big thighs?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...However, I would like to know if I could combine the separates and make a suit.
It's essentially impossible to successfully combine separates into a suit regardless of the makers. The closest you'll find are single makers who have their own separates that are intended to be combined as such and even those can be sketchy.

In general, if you want a suit you need to buy a suit; anything else should be considered an odd jacket/trouser combo from the beginning.

Good luck + hope that helps!

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on the polo fit? Love the material but Afraid it may shrink. This is pre wash. Already on the edge of being too short I think.

This would actually be perfect length for me. Shouldn’t stretch that far past the top of your pants if you ask me

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Navy cord, university stripe, and orange/brown wool medallion square. Usually, the weather is warmer this time of year here, but I don't mind that it's still cool out. More wear for flannel and corduroy can be nice.

Attachments

• 20200328_170749.jpg
    20200328_170749.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 144

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
Can anyone with chunky thighs tell me how they find the casual trouser fit?

Thinking of buying khakis.

A pair of 32 slim moleskins are snug on my thighs, 32 contemporary linen trousers I had to let out the leg, and the thighs are still snug.

Why do all the fit charts on the website vary for the casual trousers?

Would I go for 32 contemporary? 33?

As someone who has extremely difficult legs, i’d size up and nip in the waist if necessary! Works best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads