• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mux8

Reaction score
Looking forward to trying the new polos.....but no long sleeves? My main gripe about the long sleeves were that the cuffs are so massive.

Does anyone have pics of them wearing the button down polos?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking forward to trying the new polos.....but no long sleeves? My main gripe about the long sleeves were that the cuffs are so massive.

Does anyone have pics of them wearing the button down polos?
Don't expect long sleeve polos - they were apparently a poor seller. I'd love some more with button down collars if they ever try again

tennessee

Reaction score
@spiermackay If, after washing and drying, the large last year, it fit me pretty much perfectly, should I get a large or medium this year? For reference, chest is about 40" or so and I wear a 15 contemporary in the OCBDs. Thanks.
I had a similar experience with my XL polos (42" chest). The shrinkage from washing is significant, particularly in the length, even with air drying. Despite the extra chest room, I will probably stick with a size up for the length. I still really like the polos overall and wear them regularly.

Viatu

Reaction score
The polos look nice. I just wish you had options that are reflective of people in the U.S. without having to go MTO or MTM for everything. Many of us are either big or fat. An XXL is not a 46 inch chest in the U.S. Rather, an XXL is around a 52 inch in the U.S.

Last edited:

mux8

Reaction score
Please consider that they shrink considerably after the first wash..... Even post shrinking, I have no qualms about an extra 1" in the chest and even welcome it. (The previous polos fit perfect, but an extra 1" works with me)

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chest 38", Shoulders 18".

What size would I be for polos? Small or medium?

My current polos in small are a snug fit, especially around the armhole area and not fully comfortable, but sizing up to medium might be too roomy.

With 18'' shoulders, do you find small polos too tight in the shoulders?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7621.jpeg

Dang you Rick.

zewill

Reaction score
Is there any explication regarding the fits as in Neo neo 1 neo 2 etc? Completely lost but all here seem to be discussing it as if it were part of the product description :hide:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any explication regarding the fits as in Neo neo 1 neo 2 etc? Completely lost but all here seem to be discussing it as if it were part of the product description :hide:
I've got a post on my website with my impressions each season as he iterated on it (assuming that when you say "neo 1, neo 2 etc" you're asking is the differences between generations): https://www.menswearmusings.com/spier-and-mackay-neapolitan-cut-jacket-round-3/
If you're asking how they compare to the regular jacket fit, the size charts will probably give you the answers you need most.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads