• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chest 38", Shoulders 18".

What size would I be for polos? Small or medium?

My current polos in small are a snug fit, especially around the armhole area and not fully comfortable, but sizing up to medium might be too roomy.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, that old pink polo for $15 is a steal. I've worn it under that olive green sports coat posted last page and it looks great, looks great under shawl cardigans as well.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Chest 38", Shoulders 18".

What size would I be for polos? Small or medium?

My current polos in small are a snug fit, especially around the armhole area and not fully comfortable, but sizing up to medium might be too roomy.

We increased the chest this year by an inch.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you post a mini review on the fabric?
It's a bit lighter weight than my charcoal chinos I'm wearing. When I get home I'll do some comparos between them, my chinos, the lightweight chinos, and maybe another manufacturer's chinos if I find it relevant.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We increased the chest this year by an inch.
So, should I go from XL to X? I like that the ones I have are not tight. What do you think?

717FA917-AF7F-4775-9481-D0CB4D862999.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you post a mini review on the fabric?
It feels a bit lighter than the standard chinos, as I said, but not really any lighter than the lightweight ones. I don't have the standard cotton dress pants to compare to, but I do feel like these will hold a crease better than the standard chinos.
There's a bit more sheen and sleeker feel in hand to them as well out of box, while the chinos feel more soft/broken in feeling. I expect it to go away after a wash, but they're noisier as well. They make a higher pitched rustling sound, very much like my Barbour jacket when new. I don't have a more elegant way to describe it.
Either way, I think they'll work well.

One comment on the yellow. I saw the website pics and knew what I was getting, but I still imagined a bit more canary over mustard yellow. There's also some faint hints of green that come through in some lights, seemingly tied to the mentioned higher sheen.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Are you aware of the MTO program?

I'm going to place an MTO order soon. My ideal RTW size is probably a 45S (My best-fitting jackets have 19.75" shoulders, 23" chest, 29.75" length), which isn't readily available, so I typically go with a 44R or 46S and leave it at that. The MTO options open a lot of new possibilities for me to dial things in without paying the tailor tax, but my concern is, how much leeway can I adjust before I overly distort the patterns that your factory works off of? I notice the adjustments allow for a few inches in either direction; am I correct to assume that the templates are able to tolerate the available +/- range without looking over-tailored?

Fancy Pants

Reaction score
S&M SC, shirt & trousers

73585d439cc0ebe27efe38a38b00b44b8cc70b76.jpg

0d15a71b6b6ea7485820b918283f8b6508b3d4e6.jpg

a4f964d3d6194afa30b398c3baf53a466b697ad4.jpg

Great look and impeccable tailoring. May I ask which pants those are? Is that the linen shirt?

Also general question - I suppose I would classify as having an athletic lower body (larger rear and thicker thighs). I have been buying 36 contemporary and having the waist taken in. I find that the width of the leg opening seems a bit big. Do you S&M regulars have the leg opening narrowed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads