• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

callmematthew

Reaction score
While we're sharing about our recent purchases, I want to applaud the Angelico shepherd's check jacket. I bought it on the sale on sale. Soft fabric with good drape, light enough to handle fall and spring duty, and lends itself well to blue or gray pants.

kerouacbum

Reaction score
Did you already get the first shirt previously, before the rest?
I already got my first shirt from boxing day MTM like maybe 3 weeks ago. I was hoping the rest comes in a week now.

No, none.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of sportsjacket I see do not have the 38L option. The Long sizing starts at 40 which I find wierd, because already at 38L you have to be 6ft1 (or have a very long torso) (my size is 6ft2 and I believe i'm in between L and R). 40 42 and 44L must be quite rare combinations, but at least they have it available. Why is 38L left out? (again, some sportscoat have that option so i'm a bit confused!)

I'm also 6'2, but wish there was an extra long. The 42L I have is barely/borderline long enough as it is.

I'm guessing there aren't many people who are 6'2 but also slim/small enough to need a 38. When I was a senior in high school I was 6'2, 160lbs and I still took a 40L at that point.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm also 6'2, but wish there was an extra long. The 42L I have is barely/borderline long enough as it is.

I'm guessing there aren't many people who are 6'2 but also slim/small enough to need a 38. When I was a senior in high school I was 6'2, 160lbs and I still took a 40L at that point.

Are you aware of the MTO program?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you aware of the MTO program?

Yeah, of course. I've bought one RTW sport coat from you all. If another is in the works I'll highly consider MTO.

Speaking of which, I asked a question the other day about the availability of tweed for a MTO suit.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, of course. I've bought one RTW sport coat from you all. If another is in the works I'll highly consider MTO.

Speaking of which, I asked a question the other day about the availability of tweed for a MTO suit.

Tweed for MTO will become available in July/August. A good chunk of options from Moon will up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics