• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WM3502

Reaction score
@spiermackay
Good afternoon; was hoping to get some advice on fit of a suit jacket. I’m new to nicer suits and want to make sure I have it right before it goes to the tailor. I ordered the S&M Navy in Super 110s, size 44 Contemporary. Below are some pics of how it fits and my measurements. Any advice or input is appreciated; thanks in advance!
I’m currently at:

5’10”, 210 lbs
Chest: 43.5
Waist: 38.5
28EB7ACD-4536-4A2C-A1BD-EE3A1B77FB42.jpeg BB316B9A-8229-4AD9-A24C-882826D5128F.jpeg 72468B9E-0AB8-4ABF-A04A-7F662EE4C553.jpeg 3758E9B2-BD69-4BBC-B05E-891AA48F309B.jpeg

Last edited:

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the light-grey or mid-grey VBC Fresco in contemp 32 doesn't work out for anyone, let me know and I'll gladly take it off your hands!

carlyle

Reaction score
@spiermackay the new white and mauve black label shirts no longer specifically say that they have shell buttons - have these been transitioned to plastic?

zewill

Reaction score
So here is my feedback on my recent order :
Finally got my package from puro (thanks for nothing puro)
Got a Zanieri finale sale coat black and white houndstooth. Definitely a quality piece, didn't think I could pull it off (it does say "for the sartorially enthusiast :D" but it looks great in person so I'll pull it off anyways.
On sizing, I am a 38L at spier and while length is fine (a tad Short on sleeves but go be expected) I would not recommend people to size down or take same size. I should've gone for 40. Shoulders are great, waist and chest is snug but still ok, sleeves are very tight.
A great piece for the final sale price.

I got a few shirts too. Love the extra slim fit but whats up with the collar? It pops out high over of my suit jacket, even out of the Zanieri coat.. is the collar stance super high up? And the sleeves and cuffs.. my god. I'm slender, quite thin wrists and limited biceps, in can barely button the cuffs (buttons are also quite small and thick which doesn't help). I think Spier needs to give a little more room in there (were talking a few mm). Probably can't close cuffs if I'm wearing a watch.
Apart from those comments, great value out of my order, Spier is definitely top brand for me right now, and I might keep that whole order without shipping anything back this time :)
Thanks @spiermackay !

chatelet

Reaction score
I'm slender, quite thin wrists and limited biceps, in can barely button the cuffs

I used to think the same until I started buying longer sleeves (so they wouldn’t creep up when I moved). Now I appreciate the tightness. I accept it might be a little too tight on you - our wrists are probably different sizes. Just adding another data point.

@spiermackay Are casual shirts (eg oxford) slimmer than dress shirts? Or have they just shrunk more as I’ve owned them?

tripreed

Reaction score
Love the extra slim fit but whats up with the collar? It pops out high over of my suit jacket, even out of the Zanieri coat.. is the collar stance super high up?

The collar should probably settle down after you wash it once or twice. I had the same issue, and have read that others here did also. Mine are fine now.

zewill

Reaction score
A lot of sportsjacket I see do not have the 38L option. The Long sizing starts at 40 which I find wierd, because already at 38L you have to be 6ft1 (or have a very long torso) (my size is 6ft2 and I believe i'm in between L and R). 40 42 and 44L must be quite rare combinations, but at least they have it available. Why is 38L left out? (again, some sportscoat have that option so i'm a bit confused!)

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the navy VBC flannel (I'm wearing it right now too)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics