• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got the camel DB. The color is much muted in real life than the web.

I ended up sizing up to 40S as my regular 38S is sold out and because the polo coat in 38S feels snug sometimes for me. But this cloth is much thinner than the Zanieri and I feel like having a lot of room in the chest. Here’s how it fits I’m just wondering if the look warrants a size down or I can just go with the relaxed look

591F2643-152A-4CA4-8F43-2DC6C3E28350.jpeg
71651DC6-06CB-4785-A88D-69158F34F8EC.jpeg

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ended up sizing up to 40S as my regular 38S is sold out and because the polo coat in 38S feels snug sometimes for me. But this cloth is much thinner than the Zanieri and I feel like having a lot of room in the chest. Here’s how it fits I’m just wondering if the look warrants a size down or I can just go with the relaxed look

View attachment 1344157 View attachment 1344156

This looks perfect to me.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you planning on wearing a jacket under? If so, please wear one and take new pics. If not, I do think it's in the larger side, but that's just my personal opinion. Looks like there's to much fabric in the chest area around the chest pocket for example.

I received mine as well today and love the colour. I think the real life colours is much better than in the pictures. As you said, it's more muted and almost caramel coloured and not as light as a true camel. Really liking it.

Konnor

Reaction score
If the 40 slim is a bit too roomy in the chest, but it fits well everywhere would you say that it’ll be safe to give the 38 contemporary a try?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If the 40 slim is a bit too roomy in the chest, but it fits well everywhere would you say that it’ll be safe to give the 38 contemporary a try?

See how the shoulder fits. Get the rest tailored. You can even have the chest taken in.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on wearing a jacket under? If so, please wear one and take new pics. If not, I do think it's in the larger side, but that's just my personal opinion. Looks like there's to much fabric in the chest area around the chest pocket for example.

I received mine as well today and love the colour. I think the real life colours is much better than in the pictures. As you said, it's more muted and almost caramel coloured and not as light as a true camel. Really liking it.
Nothing wrong with some chest drape, I think it looks great.

I wonder how it'd look if he took in the waist a bit though.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Might look better. But I still think there's some excess fabric around the front panel at the chest. Might be the picture though.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
@spiermackay , is there going to be a restock on the navy neo hopsack in a 38S or once you release them there aren't anymore restocks until next year? thank you!

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks perfect to me.

Thanks guys. I'm not planning to wear with a jacket much. Mostly just shirt and sweater. Taking in a waist in would make the chest look even weirder because it will just look expanded.

I think i forgot to take into account the thickness and weight of the wool/cashmere blend vs Zanieri cloth. This is a thinner and lighter cloth. I think 40S will do me well in the polo coat but not this I dont think.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To me, looks like that's how it is supposed to fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads