• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been answered but Guabello hopsack vs the other one, what’s the diff?

Guabello is darker with a larger hopsack pattern and they’re selling matching highwaisted pents.

VahanJan

Reaction score
Does anyone want to convince me not to buy 3 pairs of the fresco trousers? Lol
oh man, save for the light blue ones, I want to pull the trigger on all of them. Purchased the light grey one first because those are usually the first ones to go out of stock, but plan to slowly purchase them all.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Yes, but they only have limited staff. only about 40% of the staff is back. Most are the sewing workers. They have very limited administrative or technical staff back. So it's still a bit slow. I was told, they should be at 80% by March 1st.
I wonder how hard it would be to move production to Vietnam.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
at this point, pretty hard, 10 years down the road, anything is possible..., though expect coronavirus to be global eventually, it's too contagious

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wonder how hard it would be to move production to Vietnam.

Vietnam isn't equipped to make this level of quality in quantity. They currently are good at making simple garments, like t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Something as complicated as a canvas suit will take several years and a lot of infrastructure investment to do. Also worker training. The factories we used brought in resident technicians from Italy and France to train the staff. I'm not saying Vietnam won't get there, but they aren't there yet. Same goes for areas like Cambodia and Indonesia.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score
Vietnam isn't equipped to make this level of quality in quantity. They currently are good at making simple garments, like t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Something as complicated as a canvas suit will take several years and a lot of infrastructure investment to do. Also worker training. The factories we used brought in resident technicians from Italy and France to train the staff. I'm not saying Vietnam won't get there, but they aren't there yet. Same goes for areas like Cambodia and Indonesia.

Just adding to that, diseases like COVID-19 can originate anywhere.

Last edited:

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice work on that washed denim button down shirt @spiermackay . I feel like I'm watching that last Star Wars movie—fan service dialed up to 11.
I’m interested in those as well. Hopefully price is not too high. I love denim shirts but have had mixed results. They fade quicker around the collar and other places. I love the one I have from spier and it’s lasted a long time. I had one from suitsupply that the collar faded so badly after the first wear I had to get rid of it.

ptfly

Reaction score
But Thailand can from my experience

mux8

Reaction score
How much natural stretch can we expect with the Chinos? My wardrobe consists of only stretch chinos and jeans after the discomfort of 100% cotton pants from years previous.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Can you name the brand that is mass manufacturing half-canvas suits with soft Italian like tailoring there?

I thought Brooks Brothers was making things in Thailand? Including some full-canvass pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads