• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the Neo cut have a lower button stance than the regular cuts?

nietorpyehw

Reaction score
You're allowed to inquire about an order's status. But the guy who first inquired was being a jackass. Re-read that post. Come on guys, give your heads a shake. You could ask a question without being rude. Taking a few days to ship isn't the end of the world.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

caschta

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm considering a sportcoat in the neapolitan cut, but I'm unsure about sizing. Im thinking about the 38L contemporary fit but I fear that it might be too roomy.

I'm 189cm/6'2ft tall, my chest measures 92cm/36.2in and my waist measures 84 cm/33in, 73cm/23.7in inseam. Basically tall and slim. I know that it is difficult to give good advice from measurements only, but does anyone have a recommendation?

Sadly I don't have a jacket that fits well enough to make a comparison.

Also, is the "jacket length" product measurement on the website from top of collar?
I'm a little smaller than you (186cm), but comparably slim. (95 breast but 79cm waist)

I got the 38L contemporary and it takes some time to get used to. My wardrobe mostly is 38L from suitsupply, and they are more tailored and slimmer, maybe that's a better call for your taste fit wise.
I personally do like the slightly extended shoulder, lower buttoning stance and those gorgeous lapels more than a snugger fit. Bad thing is, I need to change my trousers to be a little wider so that it doesnt look off.

I think if you have taken in the waist on a 38L contemporary a tiny bit you will be happy

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a sale code that’s active at the moment, or planned soon? Can’t seem to get back on the newsletters..

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a sale code that’s active at the moment, or planned soon? Can’t seem to get back on the newsletters..

I've never gotten a newsletter despite signing up over and over and over

LMendo

Reaction score
I'm a little smaller than you (186cm), but comparably slim. (95 breast but 79cm waist)

I got the 38L contemporary and it takes some time to get used to. My wardrobe mostly is 38L from suitsupply, and they are more tailored and slimmer, maybe that's a better call for your taste fit wise.
I personally do like the slightly extended shoulder, lower buttoning stance and those gorgeous lapels more than a snugger fit. Bad thing is, I need to change my trousers to be a little wider so that it doesnt look off.

I think if you have taken in the waist on a 38L contemporary a tiny bit you will be happy

Thank you for the advice. I'm also considering Suit Supply, but I like the cut of Spier and Mackay more, especially the lapels and shoulders, as you've also said yourself.

If I'm really unhappy I could return it, but it would be a shame shipping it all the way to Europe just to ship it back, I'm not sure if I want to risk paying twice for customs and shipping. Maybe I'll go with SS until Spier and Mackay (hopefully) set foot in Europe.

It's good to have someone to compare to though.

Spyder187

Reaction score
Lol. The pant size I wanted in the suit that I bought from the sale isn't available so they are asking me what to do. I'm thinking cancel the suit and order the fresco pants and/or hopsack blazer. Just wanted a suit for special occasions even though for myself nowadays I get by very well wearing sport coats...

I was considering the Drago sportcoat in the light color but it's sold out now in my size and truthfully I already have like 4 light coloured greyish sportcoats so I'm well stocked in that regard.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone want to convince me not to buy 3 pairs of the fresco trousers? Lol
Go for it. I'm looking at 3 myself, and already have 4 from the last two years!
Great work day summer trousers.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have forward hips. Most OTR are cut straight. You need to have a good tailor reduce the back rise from the waistband. That will lift all the cloth at the back of your leg and relax the crotch at the back seam. A good tailor will be able to pin it up first to show you before they actually do the work.

The alternative is MTM. MTO can't adjust for this.

View attachment 1325611

Finally got these to a tailor and they didn't think there was enough fabric to let the seat out :( @spiermackay I guess MTM is my next option

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone want to convince me not to buy 3 pairs of the fresco trousers? Lol

I just ordered the two browns, 2x of the new cotton dress trousers, and the neo hopsack. Really wanted 2-3 more of the fresco trousers and 2-3 of the new sport coats but had to restrain myself. I'm about to get axe murdered by tax season so have to be wary of that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics