• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not missing out on the fresco dress pants again like I did last year, in on a pair in light and medium gray. Also- side adjusters are lyfe.

If you missed out on the hopsackNeo last year, jump on this. Mine is probably my most-worn jacket and still looks like new. I might be tempted by a Guabello version, but I don’t really need it necessarily...

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Are these VBC fresco fabrics used on the trousers not suitable for sport coats? Just curious why these aren't available in sport coats as they pretty nice wearing fabrics. And will the Guabello hopsack have a matching trouser too?

Because we already have a ton of jackets and can't make everything with every fabric.

jrdngr

Reaction score
Sportcoat/Trousers pairing amateur here...

VBC Light Gray or Light Brown Fresco Trousers to go with the Guabello Burgundy Jacket? Or bad combination?

Appreciate your suggestions!

Attachments

• Guabello Burgundy.jpg
    Guabello Burgundy.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 112

drfwtx

Reaction score
Yes the Guablello. A bit darker and the hopsack is larger/more pronounced. Will be in a Neo. Price is also a bit higher because of the cloth origin.
@spiermackay, My neo hopsack in filarte cloth from last season was worn heavily (once a week for 6-7 months), but it developed a sheen on the elbows (where you’d rest them in a desk). I remember you saying to brush it it out, but that didn’t work, so I steamed (and brushed) and brought it to the cleaners to no avail.

Is the Guabello hopsack a higher quality fabric where this could be avoided were I to invest in another navy hopsack? or is it possibly the nature of a lightweight hopsack?

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VBC Light Gray or Light Brown Fresco Trousers to go with the Guabello Burgundy Jacket? Or bad combination?

I have that jacket and while I haven't tried (yet) to pair it with brown, I think it would clash unless it's a cold grey-brown. Light grey and navy are my go to trousers for this one.

Chris-Wearings

Reaction score

I would go for mid grey .

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay, My neo hopsack in filarte cloth from last season was worn heavily (once a week for 6-7 months), but it developed a sheen on the elbows (where you’d rest them in a desk). I remember you saying to brush it it out, but that didn’t work, so I steamed (and brushed) and brought it to the cleaners to no avail.

Is the Guabello hopsack a higher quality fabric where this could be avoided were I to invest in about her navy hopsack? or is it possibly the nature of a lightweight hopsack?

That's the nature with a fine worsted. When the fibres are compacted its difficult to get them to pop back out.

The Guabello is also a fine worsted yarn. In 120s. The hopsack itself is more substantial, but I would guess, being a worsted it will have the same effect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads